Some Suggestions

SNAKEOPS

It would help with gameplay and would certainly be interesting. Sonic boom is achieved by going 343 meters per second and it would be awesome if this was implemented in the game. Anyone going 343+ would have sonic boom streaks and a large explosion to accompany it as in real life. The positive side to this is it would encourage others to become better to achieve it. The only downside I can think of is it would take up time to code and implement this? For example,

The sonic boom would create push any object or person within a set of distance (for example, a sent on flag) away.

57thEnryu

It would help with gameplay and would certainly be interesting. Sonic boom is achieved by going 343 meters per second and it would be awesome if this was implemented in the game. Anyone going 343+ would have sonic boom streaks and a large explosion to accompany it as in real life. The positive side to this is it would encourage others to become better to achieve it. The only downside I can think of is it would take up time to code and implement this? For example,

what exactly would a sonic boom do? I mean if it's like the t-rex in battlefield 4 fine but otherwise it seems as useful as overdrive

Poponfu

Lead Developer
I can see it now...

20120222011526!Filly_Rainbow_Dash_sonic_rainboom_S1E23.png

Last edited:

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
The original idea was that if you passed a certain speed (not necessarily the speed of sound) it would create a "boom" sound effect knock anybody nearby (i.e. the size of frostbyte's base) back and damage them somewhat. I've always thought it'd be pretty cool to have but I'm not so sure about what it would do to enhance the already rubbish gameplay.

I'm against this idea. I believe it would only encourage players to try to achieve the speed, thus grabbing the flag at terribly low health and most will likely crater or easily get chased down.

Players already try to kill themselves to reach 300+, let's not add more encouragement.