Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braiken

This might have been brought up on the old forums before (and most likely meet resistance) but the sniper rifle should be changed so that if you manage to hit a target that is far away it counts as a normal hit. Why did IA remove the damage from long distance shot? I guess because of offensive sniping. Still there are offensive snipers nonetheless and while it surely means no skill to snipe a still standing defender from your base, hitting a target that is going with 180mp/h really far away should deal damage since it's skill (or luck whatever you like). Also snipers are supposed to be long range support (yea they are, in small maps it works really well but on larger maps I think it would help them to catch some really far away cappers). So pros and cons:

Pros:
- Would reward skill more than it does now
- Would make the sniper a true long range support

Cons:
- Osnipers could snipe defenders from the safety of their base (therefore promotes osniping)

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I've thought this over and over, and its not the distance that makes the sniper a near-useless weapon, its the energy decrease. It is truly hard to snipe while flying because all your energy is gone after a shot (+ with the fact that the sniper does less damage if you don't have as much energy) Its hard, but not impossible.

Mabeline

God-Tier
Go read the developer responses in the MANY MANY other threads on the Laser Rifle to understand why it is the way it is.

Braiken

Okay I read a few posts about the topic, forgive me for not doing it sooner. I'll continue the discussion elsewhere just lock the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.