Skin modding w/GIMP

skypredator

Trooper's made tutorial on how to mod skins on Photoshop, but I'd like to know how to do this with GIMP. I can't afford photshop. Besides, I want to jump on the modding bandwagon. :D Any tutorials that I can find online, besides this forum? I can't seem to find any... :p

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I'm not too familiar with GIMP, but I'd imagine there's a lot of online guides. Try googling it, little buddy!

Also, Gimp's website offers some excellent documentation to help you learn the program (and terminology).

http://www.gimp.org/docs/

I imagine it would be relatively close if not the same as with Texmod for guildwars, You open the file with GIMP draw on it, save it, and boom. instant non file changed skin mod?

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
I'm not too familiar with GIMP, but I'd imagine there's a lot of online guides. Try googling it, little buddy!

Also, Gimp's website offers some excellent documentation to help you learn the program (and terminology).

http://www.gimp.org/docs/

I actually find digging anything up on the GIMP website to be more trouble than it's worth personally. I would opt to google it first. But yes, it should just be a matter of "drawing" on the skins and saving them. As long as you have that plug-in it should be fairly easy.

(Note: I've yet to do it myself, but will probably in the near future.)

skypredator

Ohhhh, I get it now. That's how Shaun1992 did his CG skin. He pasted an image over the CG DDS... Ahhahaha, I feel so stupid now. Mainly because I am stupid. :D

Haptic

Gimp and Photoshop go hand and hand. Gimp just requires more steps to get to the same area that Photoshop can get to in a little amount of steps.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
Gimp just requires more steps to get to the same area that Photoshop can get to in a little amount of steps.

Sometimes, more often the problem between tutorials is that things are just named differently between the two or in different locations.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
there's an addon that you have to download... I'm on the wrong computer to tell you what the name of it is though...