Script Source on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

GReaper

Grumpy
Just a note for the bandwidth challenged.

Inside the same directory as Launcher.exe, copy the "live" directory and name it "public-test", that way your launcher should only download the updated files.

GReaper

Grumpy
It's releasing the source code to the scripts which power the game. It'll allow people who like to modify the game to look at the code and create their own mods. Maybe there's some feature in the game which we haven't got around to, giving people access to modify the game will allow people to add functionality at a faster pace.

If you don't understand the changes - just don't switch to the public test channel. These changes will eventually be pushed to live and you won't notice anything different.

Armageddon

Teapot
public test folder.
You use it to create mods/scripts, i'm not sure we can add anything to it like weapons etc but it might be fun to play with some other things.

Fixious

Test Lead
public test folder.
You use it to create mods/scripts, i'm not sure we can add anything to it like weapons etc but it might be fun to play with some other things.
In other words, no new game modes, maps, weapons, etc. Y'know, the stuff modder would actually like to have.

I

IzRaPiDz

Well, i'd like to make my own scripts but i can't. I dunno where to start in this public test

RainPilot

stinky bear
So what exactly can we edit/add? Just small things like hotkeys, preferences, and some GUI things like Rockey's?

oops i read some non related stuff

but here is what i get
Code:
==>DemoRecording::startRecording();
client/scripts/demoRecording.cs (50): Unable to find object: 'Players' attempting to call function 'getLocalPlayerIndex'
client/scripts/demoRecording.cs (50): Unable to find object: 'Players' attempting to call function 'getPlayerName'
client/scripts/demoRecording.cs (29): Unable to find function errorf

appears to be this function has an error

Code:
Players.getLocalPlayerIndex()

i'm trying to make a one click start demo recording
ps: we might need a discussion thread about this stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.