Script Request

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Actually... I might have some use for this... I have almost no room to maneuver my mouse on my crowded desk and when I miss shots that I shouldn't have had any trouble with, it's because I simply run out of room and ram into something and don't get the angle right. Anything that cuts down on the distance I need to move my mouse would be welcome. Not only that, but it would make reverse OD cap routes much more effective because you would literally go out the exact direction you came in.

I really need to learn C#...

GameDevMich

Honored Hero
You don't need to learn C#. You would need to learn TorqueScript, which is the language used to modify the game (any Torque game, really). Player turning is handled by global variables that are attached to yaw/pitch/roll. The object used for controlling those via mouse is called an ActionMap. Unless it was specifically renamed by the dev team, the default ActionMap instantiation is called moveMap:

Code:
new ActionMap(moveMap);

This is usually set up in default.bind.cs. When you run the game for the first time, it saves your configuration to a script called config.cs. This is, of course, all coming from memory. I would have to shake off my Sunday laziness in order to go upstairs to my PC and check the files. The point I'm getting at is you want to find the function that binds the mouse axis to the yaw/pitch/roll global variables, then create a hotkey binding to manipulate that variable.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I just burned through the majority of the documentation on the basic use of Torque and it's syntax (I know java and have worked with C and C++ before though I don't know their syntax well). I doubt I'd ever do this, especially since I'm working on something else which I think will be very commonly used...