Requesting Script: for Jet trails to be turned off while using Outrider

Immanent

I'm quite certain that this can be done, but I just don't know how.
The jet trails just get in my way when I cap with Outrider, because I only use Outrider to cap in 3rd person, and the trails get in my way, but I use every other class in First Person to shoot and stuff.

Edit: Trolls and Future trolls GTFO now or STFU, I don't want your lousy and non-constructive criticism going along the lines of: change it yourself in game, stupid thread, or the likes.

Immanent

Do people ever use the ingame options? The option to turn off jet trails are in there.
Dude you don't understand, or for the matter, read.
Immanent said:
but I use every other class in First Person to shoot and stuff.
I change classes from being a capper to HoF or SaH in Sentinel and Raider respectively, quite frequently for numerous reasons, be it in practice, pubs, or PuGs. I simply do not have the time to go press: Escape, options, video, change from "show jet-trails yes" to "show jet-trails no". What I have describe would be, everytime I change class to Outrider, jet trails will be turned off. And every time I switch to another class, it will be turned on.

Also, each time you press apply after meddling with the video options, the screen size of the game shrinks and I have to re-adjust it. A pain in the *dancing* asshole.

On a more personal note: I swear you pounce on me at every opportunity you get to find loopholes in each and every one of my forum posts. Quit it.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Dude you don't understand, or for the matter, read.

The trails don't even get in the way when using first person, you're better leaving them off all together. The original post wasn't very clear either, but yes, I didn't grasp the full implantations of what you were asking.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
because jet trails in first person are SOOOO important.

turn "show own jet trails" off.

/thread.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] I don't want your lousy and non-constructive criticism [...]
What goes around comes around.
[...] each time you press apply after meddling with the video options, the screen size of the game shrinks and I have to re-adjust it. [...]
You can fix that by choosing the correct $Pref::Video::WindowedRes values in your prefs, instead of readjusting it manually each time. Or simply play in fullscreen mode, leads to a better performance anyways.

Now, back to your initial request, trying to understand you here: 1) You play OR in 3rd person, and don't want the trails to show. And 2) You play Raider and Sentinel in 1st person, but you do want to see your own trails (which happens very rarely). Correct so far?

Application-1

test bester
Wtf, if jet trails get in your way on outrider and not on other classes then just disable them. The trails on your own character are only here for the looks. Just disable them and keep them off. Why do you want to see your own trails anyway? So that it looks good? So that it can only obstruct your view? Like in outrider. The only advantage of these trails are the enemy trails not yours.

Immanent we don't need a script for every little thing.

Immanent

here for the looks..
You are wrong here. In First Person you are pretty much blind to what is below you and how you are moving. I do not wish to expand here, nor do I want to elaborate on how or why they help because they vary from person to person. But in essence, they tell you how you are moving, which is crucial in duelling.

What goes around comes around.
I'm sure the same could be said for you.
Now, back to your initial request, trying to understand you here: 1) You play OR in 3rd person, and don't want the trails to show. And 2) You play Raider and Sentinel in 1st person, but you do want to see your own trails (which happens very rarely). Correct so far?
Yes you are correct in every aspect you have describe so far. However seeing from the response of the comments, it seems like this is completely stupid to other people and that this thread can be locked from the direction that this can be heading in. I will just collaborate with other people if you know what I mean :)

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] I'm sure the same could be said for you. [...]
Close. "For everyone" would have been correct (you, Fireblasto and 7 Fissurez have a lot in common here).

[...] The difference between you and him is that he has a green name [...]
No.

[...] Yes you are correct in every aspect you have describe so far. [...]
If that's the case, you basically want to play in 1st with trails, and in 3rd without trails (and classes/loadouts are irrelevant). Might be worth trying to link the MoveMap.bind(keyboard, "[...]", toggleFirstPerson); line directly to the command that toggles the trails. I'm not sure if that's technically possible though, and I don't have the time to look into it. NightHawk043 seems to be quite interested in scripting lately, maybe try contacting him on IRC.

Immanent

Only when you post stupid things.

The difference between you and him is that he has a green name, and that's a pretty big difference.

I think I will throw in a vague disci quote saying: I think it might be the difference in culture or something but your sense of humor SUCKS ASS. At times you do need to realize that a vast majority of my "stupid posts" are not For real.
And really? Should I be afraid of a person with a green name? I am doing nothing but having a mere...wayward dispute with him but that is irrelevant.
Close. "For everyone" would have been correct
Har har har but I do not recall asking for the frequent troller status (no I'm not talking about you gheist.)

And yes thanks for the heads up, I'll get in contact with nighthawk or somebody of that sort.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Code:
package loltrailgone {
function toggleFirstPerson(%val)
{
parent::toggleFirstPerson(%val);
$Pref::Player::ShowOwnMotionTrails = ServerConnection.isFirstPerson();
}
};
activatepackage(loltrailgone);

...Didn't test. Works if it works.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Bad Ucantry2run, bad. Back into your cave with you. The next time at least have a look at the script...

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
okay_face_RE_Highest_Rated_Post_Ever-s251x239-156794-580.jpg