request (read: RR) weapon loaded on ret

yami

Private Tester
Can someone please modify the rets or do something on the hud that shows that a weapon is fully reloaded and ready to fire? It would really help people that don't have an intricate knowledge/feeling for the weapons with the longer reload times (mortar, lr, rl, grenade). I'm thinking the best way would be for the ret to change hue when ready like the old sniper or preferably for the color to slide down/up like the current chaingun and plasma rets

thanks

Just thought I'd mention, I looked into this a while back.

The difficulty here is that the weapon fire rates can be changed on the go by a dev, are server sided, and there's no actual variable sent to your computer. (I talked to one of the devs about this to make sure)

It would still be possible to do it as a clumsy thing though, if you manually worked out the default firing rates for each weapon, and did an image schedule thing for it, but it would be a lot of work.

Different rets per map wouldn't be That difficult to code, probably. I'm working on something big atm, so I'll leave it for one of the other coders to do.