[REQ] Reinstall Guide (serious)

Skutki

It might sound really really silly and noobish but my client is copied from a friends HDD and i like it how it is with all the custom stuff. New update= reinstall, but I don't wanna lose all of my stuff AND I really really can't be bothered to look through the forums for every single little thing and install it again. I'm not even sure all of the customised images that I use are in here.

So could someone write up a list of folders that need to be deleted in order to 'reinstall' the game without losing anything? This could come useful to others too.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Stefy, you're stupid, read his post next time.

@ Skutki, probs not, copy your mod folder and and zip files in live you might have, that'll save your mods. Also take your prefs too, redo your config from ingame though. As for skins / more specific stuff, just have to remember where you got it all from and reinstall :/

Severance

Private Tester
i had no issues with mods. try deleting your prefs.cs, and reconfigure your game.

Just backup your legions live folder, and it's all risk-free.

GReaper

Grumpy
Sorry, but if you mod your install in any way, we can't officially support it.

Badly written scripts can screw up your install, lingering files can stop people connecting to your server, setting read only on files to stop the launcher from updating it means you could end up with an incompatible version.

The only person which can create a reinstall guide is you - the person who installed all those mods. Perhaps when you install a mod, copy the zip file to a fresh directory and create a text file with the instructions from each mod.