Removing smoke in the middle of fallout

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I'm glad someone feels this way. I asked DG about it, he said he didn't know at the time. It causes my FPS to hit like 16. It's normally 40 ish though...

RedInk

On it.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
I can't seem to find it!
*Looks at devs*

Don't bother with the Did you look here, dds? crap, I have looked through particles, and the entire Legions Overdrive folder. It must be a completely different file or named something else other than smoke.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
It makes the game look good, the only time I have issues with it is when I'm going through it, which is hardly ever :/

Vox

DeadGuy said something about it being in fallout.cs in the missions folder but i could not find fallout.cs :/
That is what i thought he said. I cannot quite remember :/

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
It makes the game look good, the only time I have issues with it is when I'm going through it, which is hardly ever :/
The issue with me is that I have to actively avoid it, which can really impede me sometimes, as the middle of the map is crossed a lot (front routes, LO, chasing, etc.)

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
The issue with me is that I have to actively avoid it, which can really impede me sometimes, as the middle of the map is crossed a lot (front routes, LO, chasing, etc.)

I have a nice route that bypasses it no problem, I rarely find myself going through it anyhow and it doesn't make my machine break down in a fit massively when I go through it.

RedInk

DeadGuy said it was in fallout.cs in the missions folder but i could not find fallout.cs :/
fallout.cs?
What kind of buttkiss is DeadGuy feeding you?...or us?
cswhat.jpg

Same here. But the problem is it's interrupting others.

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
Unfortunately you aren't going to be able to remove the lag, even if you delete the texture. It would have to be deleted from the mission file on the server if it's an issue.

Just posting I also have the same fps issue when flying near it, except my fps drops to about 5.

If you don't want to completely remove it, perhaps decrease the size and lower the density (number of smoke images it uses).

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Guys, please keep one thing in mind: If that smoke brings your system down to its knees, your system is most likely really old and probably not suited for gaming. In that case you should not assume that the game's visuals (and thus, hardware requirements), will be reduced even more.

Vox

My system isn't that old. Unless you consider a year and a half being old.
I don't know about others but i think that the smoke brings down fps even on computers that are fast and new.
But really, what was the point of the smoke anyways?

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
That's you own opinion. Remember you're not the only person playing this game...

Indeed, it is only my opinion, but as noted above, both Gheist and DeadGuy agree with that point of view, showing us that the bit of smoke is unlikely to be removed or changed in some way.