Remove Stygian From The Map Rotation (Or make it appear less often)

Libra

stygian is a great map i barely ever play it it's always nivo frost or moonshine where is the vareity would be great to see stygian more often

Jaymyster

stygian is a great map i barely ever play it it's always nivo frost or moonshine where is the vareity would be great to see stygian more often

like^^

I would like to address how royalty's statistics are indeed originated directly from his rectum like Gheist points out, Stygian is a map that i personally LOVE along with many others, sure the opinions are hot and cold so this really won't get us anywhere. (I am also strongly insinuating for you to not take any action to decrease the tendency of Stygian Greaper)

A more relevant issue that hasn't been addressed enough is one that i have presented in the suggestion thread "Change in the Small Server Rotation is Needed Badly". This addresses how Nivo/moonshine/frost have comepletely consumed the small server and have in turn resulted in clearing the server of it's population day by day... It's been happening for quite sometime now and i strongly suggest everyone's input for some action to be taken.

Yes, I am blatantly directing people to another thread considering the issue presented in this one isn't as nearly as relevant as the issue presented in the thread I've suggested.

Disci

Old man
A more relevant issue that hasn't been addressed enough is one that i have presented in the suggestion thread "Change in the Small Server Rotation is Needed Badly". This addresses how Nivo/moonshine/frost have comepletely consumed the small server and have in turn resulted in clearing the server of it's population day by day... It's been happening for quite sometime now and i strongly suggest everyone's input for some action to be taken.
I'll let GReaper know about this the next time I see him on *Tribes: Ass-End* server. Don't worry!

GReaper

Grumpy
I'm scheduling some server updates for this weekend, it'll be tested on the DE servers first.

I'll be removing the 2 different CTF servers and replacing them with a single 20 player server. I'll probably leave Stygian in the rotation, but I'll give it a high minimum number of players and a fairly low probability - the combination of both means it should only appear occasionally just to add a little bit of variety.

Other large maps which aren't that great will be removed from it (Blade Run, The Core, Forgotten).

Bestking

I'm scheduling some server updates for this weekend, it'll be tested on the DE servers first.

I'll be removing the 2 different CTF servers and replacing them with a single 20 player server. I'll probably leave Stygian in the rotation, but I'll give it a high minimum number of players and a fairly low probability - the combination of both means it should only appear occasionally just to add a little bit of variety.

Other large maps which aren't that great will be removed from it (Blade Run, The Core, Forgotten).
I like Forgotten!

skypredator

Stygian's a nice map. It's just an odd niche. I rather like the steep hills. It's either skii well or get killed. Great practice map. But I wouldn't mind seing it less often.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Stygian is a great map. It is a challenge, but I've figured out some routes that, when used with some halfway decent LO clearing the flag stand, can get in and out of the base at around 90-ish m/s, which isn't impressive, but with all the hills right outside, that's all you need. There are different strategies for different maps, and people just need to use that grey blob between their ears and devise a different plan of attack.

Most of the maps that people dislike are maps that make front routes more difficult, with Stygian being the most obvious, but people tend to hate on Forgotten, and there are some very easy side routes that I, as a third-rate capper, can get away with unless there's some chasing god on the other team because everybody else uses the front route.

On a side note, one measure for intelligence is adaptability, and by that metric, this community seems kinda stupid.

Bestking

Stygian's a nice map. It's just an odd niche. I rather like the steep hills. It's either skii well or get killed. Great practice map. But I wouldn't mind seing it less often.
I can chase on stygian quite easily. Its a good map but sometimes its annoying

skypredator

Core's awesome, though. It's the only volcanic-system type map in the rotation. It's basically Fallout, except with a different skin texture and FX. I'm probably so nostalgiac of it 'cos it was the first Leejunz map I had ever played, on IA. Which means I'm biased. But idc. Core<3

skypredator

Neither have I, but I haven't played Legions in months either. I really should get back to it sometime when Homefront Multiplayer isn't eating up my free time. My only peeve is the tiny hills at the edge of the map. If you're going 140+ with 50% or x>50% health with a chaser or chasers on you, you're screwed. No backing out of that. In the offchance that DOES happen, it's reasonably annoying.

Jaymyster

I'm happy that changes are finally being made to the server Greaper, and if anything i hate to further criticize your course of action to finally end the accursed small server rotation that has gone to absolute schyte. But as for the maps that are being removed of, i approve of the examples you have posted, but i strongly believe mirage should either be added to that list or replacing core. The reason why i vouch for Core to remain in rotation is to let the returning legions players (or vets) from old legions, a sense of the game they once knew still being alive. It doesn't need a high tendency to appear, even a really low tendency should do the job, so that when it show's up it's like a nice remembrance of the past.

All in all though, there is really no reason why core should be on the list of removed maps, and not mirage...

GReaper

Grumpy
Check the latest announcement post for the updated rotations. Mirage didn't make it - just didn't remember the name of every map to exclude at the time.