Regarding dueling in PUBs

DOS4/GW

This isn't a new problem, but it seems to have been getting worse in the past month or so.

I know that many have a low opinion of PUBs in general, but that is no reason to ruin the fun for others. Dueling during an active CTF game creates lopsided teams and is quite distracting for people who are actually trying to play the game.

Please, if you want to duel, do the courteous thing and move to an empty server.

Floks

This may not be the case, but most players go to empty servers to duel. Other players join the server, and pretty soon it's an active CTF game. The players who went in to duel did not cause this problem.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Usually it's what Floks said. Other times, people consciously join a filled server to duel. Ridiculous in my opinion, but inevitable since there are no DM/TDM modes yet.

Generally speaking now, don't rely on pubs for your daily dose of Legions fun. Play in pubs for a max of one hour or so, then wait till the evening and play a couple pugs. Satisfaction --> 120%.

Propkid

IMO we meed a 'vote ready to start the game' feature. Duelling is a problem and this would fix it; it would allow all the duellers to stay on one server without a CTF game starting.
Or DM modes...

DOS4/GW

Generally speaking now, don't rely on pubs for your daily dose of Legions fun. Play in pubs for a max of one hour or so, then wait till the evening and play a couple pugs. Satisfaction --> 120%.

Unfortunately, my odd work schedule gets in the way of playing in the evenings, especially during weekdays. :(

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Personally, I'd like to see FFA-DM added as a gametype. It's probably something that's on the menu in the future, but it's definitely a feature I'd rather see sooner than later.

And on that note, Seymour makes sure to badger the dev team during meetings in re: to adding Deathmatch!

Skepsis

Imo, When ever People duel they always switch to a different server. People just join up, and it creates a CTF pub.

Somehow duelling doesn't seem fun at all with them nade combos ;/
Starste is CRAZY with them!

When you duel you can set your rules to what you Prefer, Like no Splash and Chain/MA's Only.

Personally, I'd like to see FFA-DM added as a gametype. It's probably something that's on the menu in the future, but it's definitely a feature I'd rather see sooner than later.

And on that note, Seymour makes sure to badger the dev team during meetings in re: to adding Deathmatch!

<3

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, kudos to GReaper for the creepily fast response time on this issue. It's a bit of a patchy solution at this time, but I think it will alleviate a lot of the current 'deathmatch/practice' woes that are going on.

Also note: Seymour will begin to start getting nasty with people if they're dueling on the regular CTF servers, and Seymour Nasty is the worst kind of Nasty there is.

blog post

Redvan

Private Tester
Various players have been abusing CTF servers for duelling which is unfair on people who actually like to play CTF
I lol'd

Makes it sound like the majority of players who find empty servers to duel are somehow "unfair"... ;P

But thanks for the duel server. Does it have "Duel Server" in the title so that people who join will know before hand that it's for duels?