Rant alert: Taunts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only taunt that bothers me is the rookie one. Other than that, it's more of a motivator than anything. Because once you kill them back, you can spam all you want.

gadget44

What i think annoys a lot of the newer , less experienced players is when people of high skill constantly taunt them, im not that skilled yet honestly and 5 minutes ago in a match some guy named xephos *or exphos i forgot* kept spamming "haha" every time he killed me, i mean yeah every one someday in this game is gonna taunt eventually but when a higher skilled player taunts a noob *such as my self* every time he kills noob repeatedly, it get really annoying, like some one in a past post said they should make it where we can go into the score screen and be able to like check a box of something to mute that individual player cause i know for a lot of players that getting taunted like that just really annoys them is eventually gonna get them discouraged to play any more.

Remove derm sounds pls.
Why you haten derms?!

skypredator

Honestly, no matter how much any of you say "Suck it up", or "Get over it", that's never gonna happen, otherwise there'd be no need for insults. This is a problem, especially when smurfs do it. There should at least be a punishment, I.E., a 2 hour ban. After three 2 hour bans, the player is banned for a day. After this punishment, they're banned for a week. After that, banned forever. It's a problem, and no amount of "Just ignore it" will fix it. One could say "Just ignore the Llama's, and the problem will go away". Ahem, the problem will still be there. Insults ruin the game for everyone because one, the annoying spam (Most players are on TS3 trying to hear commands/statuses on positions in-game, and constant spam makes it hard to hear these), and two, the target gets so distracted from the game that he/she eventually messes up 80% of what they do, thus, they are not an effective team player. I'd love to see more clean, absurd humor in the community and in game. Most people tell you to "shut up and play" when you try to crack a joke, and yet this heavy insulting is accepted like it's normal behavior. It isn't.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Holy batman this thread was bumped.
I like taunts - they're amusing, and as long as no one is spamming them unnecessarily, they should stay.

MJ1284

What i think annoys a lot of the newer , less experienced players is when people of high skill constantly taunt them, im not that skilled yet honestly and 5 minutes ago in a match some guy named xephos *or exphos i forgot* kept spamming "haha" every time he killed me, i mean yeah every one someday in this game is gonna taunt eventually but when a higher skilled player taunts a noob *such as my self* every time he kills noob repeatedly, it get really annoying
That's just because of common elitism & douchiness, nothing you can really do about it. I think spamming taunts EVERY time after killing someone who clearly hass less experience in Legions is borderline griefing and should be scoffed at.

skypredator

That's just because of common elitism & douchiness, nothing you can really do about it. I think spamming taunts EVERY time after killing someone who clearly hass less experience in Legions is borderline griefing and should be scoffed at.

Thus, the griefer should be awarded a warning/ban.

Freeman

RAYTANG
sure it gets annoying, but you guys have the option to either turn off the sounds or the whole chat.

the more you tell them to "SHUTDAFUCKUP" "OMFGBBQYOURESOANNNNOOOYYYINNNG", the more you're feeding the troll.

Honestly, just

DealWithItGIF.gif

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
sure it gets annoying, but you guys have the option to either turn off the sounds or the whole chat.

But no option to remove the quick sound and text only. You've got to remove the whole chat, and that's kinda hard to live without.

Dacil

Pubs are filled with idiots anyway, and the only people I like playing with are in my channel in Ts3. Chat not needed. :p
most pubs are filled with smerfing clan "competitive" or "elite"(haha) players, from what i've seen...... soooo....your statement confuses me

Royalty

The Aussie
Being not-too bad a dueller myself, I am guilty of using taunts after killing somebody/or dying myself. There have been quite a few cases of people calling me nasty names and being immature, and also saying I spam taunts.
Well I ask them, why were taunts kept in game by the devs anyway then? TAUNTS.
I feel that people are being very immature, and they know who I am talking about, about it, and only taunt people that I know are able to not bitch about it.
Yet you make a custom voicepack full of them....

Armageddon

Teapot
Ucan, i not idiot :(

Here is what i do when someone spams QC, i target only them.
Objectives be damned, i ride that guy until he leaves.

Immanent

Yet you make a custom voicepack full of them....
Royalty...

why don't we cut down the attempts to sow the fruit of contempt in threads that lift the heart and spirit with joy and appreciation of one's fellow community member's work.

This thread can be locked, too many people bringing up stupid points that do not contribute to this thread anymore. Talk about putting salt in old wounds...

Mahidhar

Not everybody like to taunt. Just two or three people chain spamming messages with Sarge voice, can make your ears hurt. The people I like to call mature, and who are not in teamspeak, like to use quick chat for the sake of the game, like flag messages etc. So, just because these couple or more people like to spam away the whole game, doesn't mean the rest of the 14 people in the server should turn their quick chat off, and deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.