Rabbit on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiPTaCk

Sorry but spawning close to flag is a rather bad spawn imo. And if you are on a far away spawn just press ctrl+k few times and i don't think that the game will be so mean to set you further away.

Also you can't spawn with the flag right away.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Sorry but spawning close to flag is a rather bad spawn imo. And if you are on a far away spawn just press ctrl+k few times and i don't think that the game will be so mean to set you further away.

Also you can't spawn with the flag right away.

I'm talking about at the beginning of the game, not overall in the gameplay. Personally, I've seen those people with good spawns have got away with the flag, so having a close spawn matters. As for the other comment, you're not likely to get closer are you?

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Someone needs to make a FlagHUD for Rabbit now:)
Bleeh. Will make a hud that will work on all gametypes henceforth. Just give me a few weeks to actually have time to do more than work/sleep/get nude at midsummer festival (In no specific order).

RiPTaCk

I am talking about the beginning. The one grabbing the flag in first second ,where basically everybody shoots at the flagstand, isn't gonna survive very long so that should not be an issue unless all of the other people suck.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I am talking about the beginning. The one grabbing the flag in first second ,where basically everybody shoots at the flagstand, isn't gonna survive very long so that should not be an issue unless all of the other people suck.

I think it is an issue, sorry. Especially when there are less players.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
No it is not. One nade at beginning and he's lost 40% health if not more. Stop announcing issues that come from low player skill.

Rabbit is not a gametype for newbies.

It should be made accessible to as many people as possible, and if this attitude of elitism continues, I'm going to get angry :/ Something like what I have suggested might not be a bad idea. Yet you seem biased against it. As for playing with noobs? Ha-haa. I've had Dobson fly around all day and get tons of points - and he's been able to get a nice spawn at the beginning of the game and just run with the flag, because he's skilled enough to. This is an issue.

RiPTaCk

It should be made accessible to as many people as possible, and if this attitude of elitism continues, I'm going to get angry :/ Something like what I have suggested might not be a bad idea. Yet you seem biased against it. As for playing with noobs? Ha-haa. I've had Dobson fly around all day and get tons of points - and he's been able to get a nice spawn at the beginning of the game and just run with the flag, because he's skilled enough to. This is an issue.
Omg Rabbit is not a gametype for newbies and it will never be. Of course 1 player can easily win every map if his skiing abilities are far better than the ones from the other players. This has absolutely nothing to do with initial spawn point. Dobson also would have won if he didn't get the flag at the beginning.

57thRomance

Funny you guys should mention spawning. Aside from the known bugs, if for some reason the flag goes out of bounds, players end up spawning way up high in the air until the flag returns to its pedestal.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Omg Rabbit is not a gametype for newbies and it will never be. Of course 1 player can easily win every map if his skiing abilities are far better than the ones from the other players. This has absolutely nothing to do with initial spawn point. Dobson also would have won if he didn't get the flag at the beginning.

Yeah, but he still got a bloody unfair advantage before the game even started.

RiPTaCk

Yeah, but he still got a bloody unfair advantage before the game even started.
Omg no. I doubt you even read my posts or you just simply can't understand them.

I have to stop to try arguing with dumb, stubborn and naive children who think they know everything.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Omg no. I doubt you even read my posts or you just simply can't understand them.

I have to stop to try arguing with dumb, stubborn and naive children who think they know everything.

I don't know everything, I'm simply suggesting an idea and why it might be a good idea. I have read your posts and I disagree with the points you raise. I'm just judging it from a couple of days experience. But you are the rabbit expert, perhaps I should listen to you.

On another note, its rude to insult people :(

GReaper

Grumpy
The spawns were initially broken whilst I was testing rabbit. I was aiming to change the spawns to the same as team 0 (Alpha) during pregame, but ended up with the same spawns as during the game - so I was happy with that!

I'll put the spawns on the todo list.

Nvidia

I think that you should have the possibility to "nade-jump" as rabbit too. It's impossible to run away if you get the flag on the field far away from hills. If you try to land to rocket jump you will get killed immediately. In this case it would be useful to nade jump. Rabbit isn't funny if the flag is dropped and everyone is just shooting on it.

Application-1

test bester
One potential option is to make the rabbit invulnerable to damage for the first second after they grab the flag to prevent insta-death. This would be undone if they fire.
Aslong as the sniper gets removed from rabbit then there is nothing wrong with how it is right now. 1 second does not matter, you are out of there or you are not. Everything is fin with the game mode. Sniper is just a gameplay killer.

And about points. What if killing the flag carrier give you 1 point, and holding the flag for 5 seconds gives 2. Then extend the limit of score you can have to 100 instead of 50. That way you still get a reward of killing the flag carrier. And the overall time for a /pro/ to win the game should be olmost untouched.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Aslong as the sniper gets removed from rabbit then there is nothing wrong with how it is right now. 1 second does not matter, you are out of there or you are not. Everything is fin with the game mode. Sniper is just a gameplay killer.

And about points. What if killing the flag carrier give you 1 point, and holding the flag for 5 seconds gives 2. Then extend the limit of score you can have to 100 instead of 50. That way you still get a reward of killing the flag carrier. And the overall time for a /pro/ to win the game should be olmost untouched.
Agreed. I'm pretty sure they had that on the earlier rabbit mode. It gave people a slight more chance if they cant get the flag. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.