R.I.P Moonman

Rougey

Most Honoured Aussie
From his family:
‘‘For those who may ask what they can do to honour Neil, we have a simple request. Honour his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink.’’

Oh and coolneil you deserve cancer to be thrown at you.

Sin

Private Tester
Well he was 82 so its a bit obvious he is gonna die sometime soon and today he did :/

tumblr_lsmcnjwL9R1r0nk99o1_250.jpg

Crisis12096

Well he was 82 so its a bit obvious he is gonna die sometime soon and today he did :/

Yeah? People have lived to be over 100. Everybody knows the older you get the more likely, there's no need to make such an obvious statement. If you're wondering why nobody else said it, it's because they have the common decency not to.

Anyhow, Neil was a good man. I'm impressed by how humble he was. Not a lot of people would be the first man on the moon and not brag, I know I wouldn't be able to not bring it up everytime the moon was mentioned. The fame didn't go to his head at all, this is very rare among us humans.

R.I.P

Rougey

Most Honoured Aussie
TBH I am sad that it was his heart that took him, Astronauts either die on the job or from cancer due to the ungodly exposure they have to radiation.

You're born, you live, and you die. Centuries ago you'd be lucky to reach half Neil’s age, but this isn't the dark ages - our species went to the *dancing* moon with that man. He had a good innings to be sure and he may have been a *dancing* backward bastard when he testified that women shouldn't go to space, but he landed the Eagle manually when systems failed that have costed space programs around the world billions of dollars in automated spacecrafts. He could have hit abort and gone home safely, if disappointed, but he steeled himself and *dancing* landed it.

And then he had the common decency not to brag about it.

He’s dead. He was old. It sucks but that’s life and you don’t come out of it alive, which makes it all the more special and that was one very special life we lost today.

Rougey

Most Honoured Aussie
There was a blue moon last night.

I stared at it drunkenly and remarked to the girl with her hand in my pants about the excellent near poetic timing.

Then she comments 'now we will never know'

Instant bones loss I *chocolate cookies* you not