QUIDDITCH!!

Delpicy

Come on...don't tell me this wouldn't be fun.

the game would be 7v7 like in Harry Potter. Each player chooses for a position before the game starts
(people with highest score get priority, and newcomers go last)

Players:
3 chasers: The offense. They could juggle a flag with possibly increased flag throw stats, a.k.a. flag = quaffle
2 beaters: Uhhh...lemme work on that
1 keeper: the goalkeeper (HoF) (Cannot take damage, as otherwise it would be way too easy)
1 seeker: an OR that chases down the snitch (something that moves wicked fast and is super hard to catch)

To shoot:
The chasers throw the flag at the opposing team's flagstand, and if it gets there, score! If the keeper blocks it, the flag respawns in the middle
Scoring: Same way as in harry potter
catch snitch = win etc.
Personal Scoring:
chasers: score points they make times a multiplier
beaters: Uhhh.....
Keeper: Blocks times a multiplier
seeker: If you catch the snitch, you get 1st priority. If you don't you get last. Too bad

I just thought this would be a blast and really funny to play. I know it will most likely never come into existence, because of copyright infringement yaddayaddayadda...and frankly, too much work for one possibly fluke of a gametype. But it would still be awesome, as Legions skiing is sometimes almost equivalent to flying

Note: I used the search button, and there were only a few minimal mentions of quidditch as a gametype. Please no hate

Here is a link to explain Quidditch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quidditch#Quidditch_Balls

should it not be if keeper blocks it, he catches it? (to then pass to teammates) and if it misses entirely it spawns in the middle?

Delpicy

I don't know the official rules of quidditch really, you expect me to read the link I posted? Psh. Whatever works best. I just thought it would be awesome

Abandoned

I don't know the official rules of quidditch really, you expect me to read the link I posted? Psh. Whatever works best. I just thought it would be awesome

Watch Harry Potter over and over and over again. By then you shall understand all the rules of "Quidditch" and help elaborate the gameplay with us.

Dimitryy

i like the idea, sounds like fun :)

maybe it would be quidditch-like with infinity health, instant overdrive for everyone and that the flagcrarrier drops the flag if he gets midaired.
also, the flagpass-power should be increased and the flaggravity a way lower :)

Fixious

Test Lead
I'd honestly like to see something like this implemented, even if were just a one-off thing. I've already seen the infinite OD glitch, so I know that's possible. No idea if they could alter flag gravity though.

LeonCloudKing

Or you can just play the actual sport that was created in 2005. Yes, Quidditch is an actual sport, multiple colleges play it, including, Harvard, Yale, Emerson, UT, A&M, Cal. U, and Stanford. Go to internationalquidditch.org, you'll see

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Would be fun, implementation might be hard though.

I'd honestly like to see something like this implemented, even if were just a one-off thing. I've already seen the infinite OD glitch, so I know that's possible. No idea if they could alter flag gravity though.

Yeah, QuakeLive 'Devpicks' do this kind of one off thing. Personally I'd like the dev team to do that as well.

57thRomance

Or you can just play the actual sport that was created in 2005. Yes, Quidditch is an actual sport, multiple colleges play it, including, Harvard, Yale, Emerson, UT, A&M, Cal. U, and Stanford. Go to internationalquidditch.org, you'll see
My school actually tried making a Quidditch Club. It was fun while it lasted, but our school wouldn't support it because we didn't have the funding for an EMC. Regardless, it was lots of fun. We sent a team to New York to compete against other teams.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I like the idea. First, though, a note on the scoring: The player who catches the snitch merely gives his or her team 150 points and ends the game. If the score was 160 to 0 and the losing team's seeker catches the snitch, then that seeker's team still loses by 10 points.

Bludgers aren't necessary in a game with rockets.