Quick Chat doesn't work for me

Speed_King

I already updated the launcher.. when i go ingame, i press 'c'.. then all I see is the word 'Quick Chat Command'

Quick chat has sort of the same problem regular chat does upon round end, it stays open but you cannot finish a sequence like pressing H for the [Haha!] command.

If it happens, the fix is to just hit C again, as if starting a new command.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
If you have modifications where you've selected "Read-Only" for certain files or folders, make sure you have removed them before submitting a bug. If a file/folder is marked as Read-Only, the patcher will skip updating on that file/folder. For instance, if you marked your /live/client folder as Read-Only, that will prevent you from updating that entire folder and you will not receive the files necessary for quick chat.

Lunaris

I dont not have any mods, and i can press the keys, but they dont come up in chat, and i cant hear them either.

A2

Maybe try re-downloading the whole live folder?
I'll make sure any fixes here are added to the 'List of fixes for the game' thread.

Redvan

Private Tester
well, I got mine working. I had to delete my entire sounds folder and re-update. No idea what changed as even when it wasn't working I saw all the quick chat sounds in the folder.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Just an idea I have.

Check the prefs.cs file.
Make sure you have these values:

Code:
$Pref::Player::DefaultQuickChatVoice = "Sarge";
$Pref::Player::QuickChatVoice = "Sarge";

You can *dance* up the whole Quickchat currently by having bad values in them.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
sorry to jump in, but i only seem to have two quick chat voices....
its either snakey or sarge (i have the voice that says "yeah!" for the woohoo command, and have the cyborg voice)

anyone got any ideas?

oh, and when quick chat didnt work for me, i turned off (or try on then off) read only for the entire legionslauncher folder and all subfolders,
pressed the update button in the launcher then everything worked fine.... minus one voice XD