Quick boost

Aki

Had this idea today and thought it may be worth discussion.

I play OR pretty much exclusively, and my aim sucks, so I have long placed a lot of emphasis on dodging ability. Makes sense, seeing as an OR who cant dodge is dead meat. Well, so is one who can't aim :p ... I'm working on that.

So this idea for something to help with dodging came to me today. It's a step in the direction of acrobatics. Basically, OR gets a little jet booster with just enough power to boost one up, say 2.5 meters from a standstill. There would be a slow recycle rate for balance (something like one boost every 60 seconds). It would be activated by double tapping jump or by user-defined keybindings, and it would fire in an all or nothing fashion. It's instant and doesn't feed off the energy bar ('cause that would defeat the purpose of it). I could see it using a bit of health if that improves the balance, but that's not my first pick. The direction is always straight up, but obviously doesn't kill any lateral momentum you have.

This could even be used on raiders, perhaps, but I feel this is more an OR thing.

Aki

Your saying that all the MA's that the experienced players do, you want to dodge them?

Um... of course? Just cause the shot was beautiful doesn't mean I want it to hit me.

You might want to listen to the latest Legions Live episode, specifically to BugsPray talking about the idea of several different OD cores.

I vaguely remember something about this... *goes to read*

3lionz

Legions Developer
Basically you are asking for sentinel instant OD in one direction without any penalty (Or minimal penalty)
Hmmm, not sure :confused:
Maybe if given a slight delay? Or other penalty so that it isn't going to attract claims of it being OP...

Abandoned

You might want to listen to the latest Legions Live episode, specifically to BugsPray talking about the idea of several different OD cores.

I have some issues trying to attend this.
1) I might be busy with academic related stuff
2) I don't have enough free internet limit to listen to the recorded playback (NZ has internet limits.. I suffer)

Aki

Basically you are asking for sentinel instant OD in one direction without any penalty (Or minimal penalty)
Hmmm, not sure :confused:
Maybe if given a slight delay? Or other penalty so that it isn't going to attract claims of it being OP...

Hrm... Not how I was thinking of it. The ultimate motive for me to use such a dodge is to get away from the clusters that now instagib me from full health. I actually like the new clusters cause they sorta 'feel' right, like that's the level of power I would expect from a similar device in the real world. At the same time, I know that I'll eventually be getting very frustrated by them.

Maybe a restriction could be placed on the use of the boost. Say you can only activate it if your energy is under 25%. That places this system into a very definite emergency role, especially when combined with a long cool down.