Putting Brains into Brawn - Strategic Updates

How do you feel about the updates?

• Love them.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Hate them.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Like some, but they need improvements.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I Like some and hate others.

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

oath2link

Hello Legions, Whatshesaid/Oath2link here with a few updates that would increase the strategic implements in the game we all enjoy. The reason I feel these are needed is because in legions, as fun as it is, there aren't many options on what to do. You can cap, defend the flag, or light offence. Thats about it. How about mixing it up a little?

I apologize in advance for it being lengthy, but these can get slightly hard to explain.

1: A Healing Weapon - Firing a constant beam that dissipates at a range longer than, say, 50 meters. Since I am unaware of the exact amount of hitpoints each class has, i will go off of the rate they recharge by. The beam will heal at a rate of 2x that would normally be healed if just standing still. This could also be used to restore the base assets below.

Concerns- Under/over powered, points awarded for healing. - I leave this to dev team.

2: To constrain the medic slightly, and to add more of a use to the random towers placed around the maps, a beacon will be placed in each one, in the top center. Basically the teams enter a "king of the hill" competition to claim these towers. Each tower starts off neutral. The beacon will glow white. Once a person steps into the top of the tower, the beacon begins to change color. red if it is an enemy that activated it, blue if a teammate activated it. after 10 seconds, a bubble of corresponding color surrounds the beacon and the top part of the tower. This means that anyone who is on the team that owns that tower can be healed by a medic if inside it, as long as the medic is inside it as well. If the team that doesn't own it steps into it, the beacon changes to the new color after 20 seconds - 10 to revert to neutral, 10 to change to the occupying team's color.

Reason Why- A medic would be able to hide in a corner, wait for a capper to come, heal them, and the capper could fly away, fully healed. That would be overpowered in my opinion, so the beacons would limit them to accessible places but not where nobody can find them, while still providing cover to the healers and the people in need for a short amount of time.

Concerns - Ability to put these into the game, seeing as the scripting will be completely new and there is no base for this update.

3: Healing station - In the center of the base, a healing station will be able for use by the home team. It will heal at a rate of 3x that of standing still. This is destructible, and will not regenerate if completely destroyed. I believe it should regenerate health while alive, but maximum health and regenerating rate should be left to devs. This removes the requirement to respawn to regain health quickly when at your base, which is what most people do after they take notable damage.

Concerns - could be overpowered, but im sure the devs can handle it.

4: Ammo / Change Class stations - Already tested once, but it needed an adjustment. As said in the blog, they might make them able to be destroyed, which i believe is necessary. but they should respawn after 1-2 minutes of being destroyed, in order to give the losing team a chance to recover. If they couldn't respawn, one team would gain a huge advantage and the other team's chances to win would be demolished, which isn't good for a 25 minute game.

Concerns - People complaining that they have to walk 10 steps to change their class.

5: Buff Auras - Emitted at the base, a generator located off-site from the base will emit a sphere that would increase the home team's offence and defense when located inside of the sphere. These would be permanently destructible, and located away from the base, but still visible from the base, while still out of plain sight. For example, in frostbyte, they would be located in the snow covered towers at the sides of the bases, to avoid some random sniper/rocket fire from all the way across the map.

Undecided - Whether the auras encompass the whole base. Whether there is 1 aura that emits both offensive and defensive buffs or 2 that emit the individual one. And whether there is 1 or 2 generators.

Concerns - Scripting, overpowered - HOFs would be nearly indestructible while the aura was on.

6: Radar Station - This would create a minimap on each players HUD showing the location of each team mate, enemy, and flag. The range of the radar should be probably around 150-200m, and the radar station would be destroyable, but repairable.

Concerns - Coding it. People saying its OP or useless, either way, destroy it and u wont have to worry.

Edit - I knew I forgot to mention something. The standing heal would be removed. This gets rid of campers hiding to heal before continuing fighting, or people tossing the flag in a corner to heal.

Thanks for reading,
WhatSheSaid

phanakapan

Private Tester
I approve of the idea of some kind of medic/deployable regen station, but it would have to be in place of the automatic regen we have currently, or it would have to be more of a repair base assets as well as people kind of loadout to make it less useless and boring in the current game.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Thats a nice post there Whatshesaid. I definitely support a type of medic class role and deployables in the game. With enough balancing, this could prove to be an amazing change.

oath2link

I approve of the idea of some kind of medic/deployable regen station, but it would have to be in place of the automatic regen we have currently, or it would have to be more of a repair base assets as well as people kind of loadout to make it less useless and boring in the current game.

Yup, this would be in place of the standing/walking heal, which should be removed. also, i didnt think about healing the base assets, good call.

MJ1284

Yup, this would be in place of the standing/walking heal, which should be removed. also, i didnt think about healing the base assets, good call.
IMO auto-regen should be nerfed so that your stand/walk heal only regenerates your health partially (max. regen dropping gradually according to damage taken), only way to fully regenerate yourself would be ammo box/inv. station (your OWN stations, mind you). But I do see where you're going at with medic gun, it ain't half bad idea but I'm little dubious if that makes LO + Medic too OPed combo.

oath2link

Unless the medic was a stand-alone class with lower HP than an outrider but quicker yet, and unable to use rockets. This would stop it from doing LO or capping, but allow it to move around its own base and territory quicker.

Siantlark

Unless the medic was a stand-alone class with lower HP than an outrider but quicker yet, and unable to use rockets. This would stop it from doing LO or capping, but allow it to move around its own base and territory quicker.
So... It's unable to do anything but heal? Or can it use the chaingun or something?

Immanent

I was thinking more of chaingun or bolt (no plasma, too damn spammy) equipped with that medic beam device.
This should make legions gameplay more interesting.