"Public" test server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there a password on a server named "Public" Test server..... I understand if it said "Private" Test server....seeing how a private server is not for the public while a public server is for the whole of the community.

Immanent

Why is there a password on a server named "Public" Test server..... I understand if it said "Private" Test server....seeing how a private server is not for the public while a public server is for the whole of the community.

To prevent idiots from joining the public test server, much like the private server.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Basically what w00ty said. We wanted people to read the blog and understand the update before playing it.

Fixious

Test Lead
You mean like, a link to the blog in the launcher or something? Awesome idea. Devs, please implement this.

Oh.

Wait.

People are stupid and don't read it.

Shade

Private Tester
You mean like, a link to the blog in the launcher or something? Awesome idea. Devs, please implement this.

Oh.

Wait.

People are stupid and don't read it.
The blog titles give no indication as to where to find the password, just the changes in the server they don't have access to. Something along the lines of, "Hey! want to get into the test servers? Click here to find out!" tells people where to find the password, along with getting them to read about the changes. Without a simple sign you're expecting things to spread by word-of-mouth. I'm doubtful that it would, given that most neglect simple questions such as, "how do I zoom?". Why not make it slightly clearer?

I thought it was pretty obvious. I didn't know the password for the public server, and immediately thought to read up on it at the blog.

GReaper

Grumpy
Public test servers are passworded to stop people joining them and posting threads like this because they didn't bother to read the blog before joining a public test server.

Instead we get threads like this one from people wanting to join a public test server with no idea what the changes are and still want to join anyway. :(

Armageddon

Teapot
Public test servers are passworded to stop people joining them and posting threads like this because they didn't bother to read the blog before joining a public test server.

Instead we get threads like this one from people wanting to join a public test server with no idea what the changes are and still want to join anyway. :(

Now this thread has put Greaps on suicide watch.

And here was me thinking Kirby was an intelligent chap :(

and here is me thinking fireblasto was an intelligent piggy... I didnt become known for my brains... just my good looks.

I just wanted to know why call it "public" if it isn't for the public. It is for the people who know the password, even if the password is found in a public spot. I read the blogs just fine and I know the password. It should be called something like "Forum test server".

Disci

Old man
I just wanted to know why call it "public" if it isn't for the public. It is for the people who know the password, even if the password is found in a public spot. I read the blogs just fine and I know the password. It should be called something like "Forum test server".

Awesome post. Will save it for further use.

Status
Not open for further replies.