Public Test Going Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
StarTrekGenerationsDataYESUM.gif

GReaper

Grumpy
Let's be realistic, far too many idiots registered a stupid number of additional smurf accounts to evade it anyway.

The advantages (being able to host your own server) far outweighs this, unless you really wanted us to keep the game locked forever?

Mahidhar

Not really. And to be honest things have been made easier for these "idiots" to smurf as they don't always have to actually make accounts, because of the 48 hour name change system.

Now in-fact, it's a total smurf and troll fest as everyone is able to smurf as anyone anytime, and they can only get ip banned.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Not really. And to be honest things have been made easier for these "idiots" to smurf as they don't always have to actually make accounts, because of the 48 hour name change system.

Now in-fact, it's a total smurf and troll fest as everyone is able to smurf as anyone anytime, and they can only get ip banned.

Do you still REALLY care about the names of the other players? Jeez... don't care so much.

Wuzgud

Legions Developer
I more-or-less agree with Mahidhar here. The smurfing should be tolerable but I like the accounts and the team system as they are. It's really nice having data tied to an account (like team names). I feel this adds a bit of depth to the game, however minor.

aus.hsp

Private Tester
I think this name issue will be an ongoing problem. However, it's a memorable day - hopefully this update brings and influx of new members :)

Application-1

test bester
Whats with the 'E' keybinding being reserved *chocolate cookies*.. I used E for overdrive for the past 2 years..
There are various changes which makes this game incompatible with the previous version of live, if you encounter any problems we recommend the following:
  • Delete live/legions/preferences/config.cs and live/legions/preferences/prefs.cs, as well as the .dso versions - and try again
  • Delete your entire live directory and let the launcher download a fresh copy without any modified files

Battelstar

I see why you removed the player identity and that the team registration has to die with it.

But that destroys all my hopes on player and team supports like ingame friendslist, teammatch systems etc.

And before anyone says: "Matchmakingsystem for this small community??? Are you serious?"

On the one hand: Yes, we have a small community, yes, there is no competition atm, and maybe my "dreams" about a bigger, active community with organized leagues, or an ELO system or whatever are stupid and unreachable. I also know that this costs probably some money.

But on the other hand I think there is no reason for a new player to stay with this game. There's nothing which makes you proud because you reached the next skill level (for example a higher elo, etc.), as Mahidar said everyone could be everyone, the one the guy with the nick Battelstar you talked to was cool :cool: , the other day he's suddendly an idiot. So all in all Legions is a game which you played for one time, maybe liked it, but then you start playing a different game and forget about it.

Don't understand me wrong, I'm really happy that the devs brought Legions back, I'm very thankful for all the time they spent on Legions and all the updates improved the game so far (for example the new content such as maps/weapons, the player hosted servers etc., the mod support), but this part of the new update is a huge step backwards in my opinion. This may be a sad day for Legions. (Trust me, I hope I'm wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.