Potential Players! (Community Read/help)

I vote Phanakapan. I'd also like to help whoever does it.

This should be our base line for the video:

In terms of editing, variety of plays, and the song, we should try to exceed this standard.

I also believe we need two separate videos to send out there. One demo/montage sort of thing showcasing great plays and fun things you can do in the game, and another tutorial video specifically targeting *Tribes: Ass-End* players (that's probably where we would get the bulk of the players who would stick to the game). I'll probably end up making this one myself (I did one of these a while back on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/afireinasa/b/329991721 that's now outdated and not really optimized).

Kryst

Private Tester
Would also help if we can get some followers through a cast - something like twitchtv. This is a huge benefit to online games today when you can have people watching you play. I wish I could, but my bandwidth doesnt support it.

Anti_Envy

Private Tester
I've got a bunch of clips on my laptop that I'll bring when I visit. Just need to replace the charger -_- I'll definitely contribute to this here pretty soon.

Libra

This game has a steep learning curve most people wouldn't stay after a game or two. If you really want a larger community, target people who play games that are similar to legions or the communities of those games.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Would also help if we can get some followers through a cast - something like twitchtv. This is a huge benefit to online games today when you can have people watching you play. I wish I could, but my bandwidth doesnt support it.
I recently got 50/25 internet - I'd be willing to observe/cast some stuff if needed. I might need to buy a decent mic, but other than that, I should be good.

Anti_Envy

Private Tester
This game has a steep learning curve most people wouldn't stay after a game or two. If you really want a larger community, target people who play games that are similar to legions or the communities of those games.
Sure this game isn't easy at first, and does take a lot of time to become really familiar with the mechanics. But why only target those communities based off this type of game? I'm sure some people are looking for a game that actually has a steep learning curve too it, not just a game that has mild skill level and can easily adapt to it.

Libra

Sure this game isn't easy at first, and does take a lot of time to become really familiar with the mechanics. But why only target those communities based off this type of game? I'm sure some people are looking for a game that actually has a steep learning curve too it, not just a game that has mild skill level and can easily adapt to it.
I'm saying that should be the first step attract people from communities of games like legions it's a great idea you'll have a higher turn around. There is a difference between attracting and keeping players. the players who actually stay are the ones who will join the community.

Fixious

Test Lead
I recently got 50/25 internet - I'd be willing to observe/cast some stuff if needed. I might need to buy a decent mic, but other than that, I should be good.
Observer mode doesn't work anymore, as far as I know. I've tried using the console command and it doesn't do anything. I don't think casting will be feasible without the planned - and canceled - observer mode.

I mean, I guess you could just not press anything when first joining the game, but it'll still be annoying not be able to snap to players and flags.