[Poll] Add a .5 second charge time and effect to the Dodge Core.

Add a .5 second delay before dodging after button press (A la Warp Core)

• Yes, .5 seconds is good

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • No, it should be even longer

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No, it should be shorter

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • The Dodge Core can go to *cookies*

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • It is fine how it is.

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Armageddon

Teapot
i think this was a topic a long long time ago, I'm in favor of .5 unless it makes the dodger to easy to read before the dodge happens. .25 Might be a better starting point.

Application-1

test bester
Most people have an issue with its invincibility. I'd rather see that removed instead. Adding a delay might be wise as well, though.
This.

It being able to pick up a flag is even dumber though. LO now always has the upperhand when a flag is dropped or maybe even passed. iOD atleast takes time to get to the flag and you can miss it easier. Dodge core is instant so it makes for very easy intercepts.

If dodge core would just only be used to dodge projectiles and no other benefits I would be okay with the core. But as it also effects flagplay I really hate that thing. I mean so many cores are disabled while you hold the flag but this one is not. Why.

And once again the fact that it makes you invulnerable is hella dumb.

PS: the invincibility is pretty dumb who came up with that.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
HELLA DUMB

yeah I said that ages ago, all cores should be disabled if you're holding the flag

Even iOD? Not sure how that would affect falg play but I could see fatties not being used at all if that was the case.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
You would still be able to block incomings, but yes even iOD. Cores are biggest crutch of this game whether you're ready to admit it or not.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
I'm sure everyone would appreciate if you:

1. Take away invincibility.
2. Disable the core while you have to flag. There is too much mobility otherwise.
3. Have some sort of flag-pickup delay after you dodge. Dodge returns are way too strong and pretty much kill standoffs since one person can effectively return against 3-4 people.

IOD with the flag is less of an issue since sentinels would have absolutely no mobility otherwise. I'd say keep that in.

Application-1

test bester
Ucan says exactly what I said but he gets all the likes. Man I wish I was black.

Also I know this is a poll but if you would for example vote it is fine how it is you might wanna voice it in this thread by explaining why. Otherwise it is just a vote of yeah I like dodge core and I love to abuse it please do not nerf it. Though we all know why you can't voice such a opinion because we all know dodge is imba.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
1f6f0dc88ec848aa2ff3d0e8354ad8db.jpeg

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Dodge only gave a 20% damage reduction, they just move so fast. You can test it dodging and shooting the ground. I already took that out for next update though.

Even after the nerfs and aside from flag issues, something to keep in mind when you are fighting someone who you know dodges is to hold your groundpound shot. They are going to dodge and put themselves at a disadvantage because you know where they are about to be.

Last edited:

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
something to keep in mind when you are fighting someone who you know dodges to hold your groundpound shot. They are doing to dodge and put themselves at a disadvantage because you know where they are about to be.

Kryst and I used to duel a ton with the dodge core to see how it worked out in fights. It could go either way. Its really up to who messes up first. One of the habits I kept from those duels is I would always wait until the person shot before I dodged. If he doesn't shoot, there is no reason to. Most people assume that I'm going to shoot and dodge preemptively, and I've gotten a lot of easy kills during recent PuGs. The issue with dodge is not how its used during duels, its more-so how its used in flag play.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Kryst and I used to duel a ton with the dodge core to see how it worked out in fights. It could go either way. Its really up to who messes up first. One of the habits I kept from those duels is I would always wait until the person shot before I dodged. If he doesn't shoot, there is no reason to. Most people assume that I'm going to shoot and dodge preemptively, and I've gotten a lot of easy kills during recent PuGs. The issue with dodge is not how its used during duels, its more-so how its used in flag play.

Something to keep in mind too is that Dodge does not teleport the person. During that brief moment, they are that blue leading energy orb thing. I guess I am just getting at, if people are never getting damage on them.. lead that target better.

Last edited:

Application-1

test bester
But as everyone is stating. It is not dodging projectiles that is considered imbalanced about it. It is the flagplay.

I did not know invincibility was a thing untill someone told me and I just replied with that sounds dumb. Hella dumb.
20%reduction sounds better but is still very weird as it is called a dodge core and not the hit me for 20% less damage while i go over here quickly core.

So yeah flagplay let's adress that.

IzSid

Honored Hero
Dodge only gave a 20% damage reduction, they just move so fast. You can test it dodging and shooting the ground. I already took that out for next update though.

Even after the nerfs and aside from flag issues, something to keep in mind when you are fighting someone who you know dodges is to hold your groundpound shot. They are going to dodge and put themselves at a disadvantage because you know where they are about to be.

Except you can react to the rocket and then dodge, so there is no 50/50 skill mix up. I don't understand the point of the core when the main projectiles are slow as molasses.