player hosting and port forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the OD crew release an update and tell us how to configure in legions to host yet no info of any kind as to the port forwarding required to actually do it?

perhaps its common knowledge to the nerdier than I but going by the lack of hosting going on its not understood by many others also.

Can some one give instructions to whats needed so we can get some low ping legions on please?

GReaper

Grumpy
The update hasn't been finished, it's still in a testing phase until the appropriate functionality is completed to our expected standards, along with some basic documentation to go along with it. We've let it out early to allow people to have fun modding the game, and to allow those who understand how to host a server can do so.

However we can't provide full documentation for technically-inexperienced people on how to configure your router. There are thousands of makes and models, along with some which will make it impossible to host.

Bestking

so the OD crew release an update and tell us how to configure in legions to host yet no info of any kind as to the port forwarding required to actually do it?

perhaps its common knowledge to the nerdier than I but going by the lack of hosting going on its not understood by many others also.

Can some one give instructions to whats needed so we can get some low ping legions on please?
I have found out that if you have a belkin router, you have to type in 198.168.2.1

The update hasn't been finished, it's still in a testing phase until the appropriate functionality is completed to our expected standards, along with some basic documentation to go along with it. We've let it out early to allow people to have fun modding the game, and to allow those who understand how to host a server can do so.

However we can't provide full documentation for technically-inexperienced people on how to configure your router. There are thousands of makes and models, along with some which will make it impossible to host.
I get that you can only go so far with 'holding out hands' It just would have been nice to read some mention of port forwarding (and the other thing that I dont understand yet.) so myself and many others didnt go wasting time on something that was never going to work without knowing about the secret squirrel stuff.

GReaper

Grumpy
Perhaps instead of whining, you could start a thread here and tell us the name/make/model of your router, and what you've done so far to get your hosted game of Legions to work?

We might be able to help you, but I'm not going to tolerate this whining attitude on the forums. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.