player hosted server time line?

How are we actually complaining about not have AUS servers? The main reason of this thread is for information in regards to player hosted servers, you *dancing* piece of *chocolate cookies*.

jesus, you guys are an intense bunch, all I wanted to know was when roughly it was going to happen!

and clearly Disci you havent been without a decent game of legions in over a year like us!

If I had a ded here you can bet your sorry ass I wouldnt be posting un savory comments here about a matter that had nothing to do with me..... I recommend getting some more hobbies that dont involve internet forums for some perspective on life :)

Armageddon

Teapot
Hahaha. Cute.

Edit: You know that you won't be able to do that, right? Right?

Not true, the developers are re-thinking the server issue because of the community backlash. Still doesn't mean player hosted servers but we might get something better then what they first thought of.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Did some pruning. Also, don't think I forgot about this thread, still flexing my enormous muscles and am hoping to get some concrete information re: user hosted servers.

Hahaha. Cute.

Edit: You know that you won't be able to do that, right? Right?

Well I cant say Ive looked into it but Ive heard that they arent going to be providing servers 'from Greaper' and that there will be player hosting, also it is Tribes and that always had it.

If HiRez isnt rolling out servers world wide then I dont see how they can sell it without letting us host!

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Well I cant say Ive looked into it but Ive heard that they arent going to be providing servers 'from Greaper' and that there will be player hosting, also it is Tribes and that always had it.

If HiRez isnt rolling out servers world wide then I dont see how they can sell it without letting us host!

Might be a good idea to read about what Hi-Rez has in mind for *Tribes: Ass-End* then. Here's a starter thread.

http://forum.globalagendagame.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=234&t=39379

Armageddon

Teapot

It's tribes yea but they are guarding it a lot more then any other tribes title, from what i gather there might be a possibility for clans/teams to purchase servers though certain hosts or Hi-Rez. But i'm almost positive they scraped the "we will own all the servers" idea.

Immanent

I don't get how Player Hosted servers actually work, how do the servers actually get "created" temporarily?

Royalty

The Aussie
I don't get how Player Hosted servers actually work, how do the servers actually get "created" temporarily?
Not necessarily temporarily. You can have your internet running 24/7 and a dedicated computer running in order to host a server.

Immanent

Not necessarily temporarily. You can have your internet running 24/7 and a dedicated computer running in order to host a server.
That's not what I meant.
I meant the ones that we had back on IA, where a player could temporarily host their own server and get 0 ping.

This Blog post is for you, Jedics. While there's not an exact time frame, it at least details the method in which private hosting will be allowed (and the sacrifices for it).

http://www.legionsoverdrive.com/blog/2011/09/28/unlocking-legions-upcoming-changes/
Thanks seymour, I feel like you guys put that blog up for me especially :)

sounds like this is well into next year on the time line though.....

at least I can still be MAing ppl well into my 50's .... if I can find someone to play me that is :)