Player-Hosted-Server Not Appearing

Royalty

The Aussie
I'm trying to host a server (not a ded), but for some reason it isn't showing up in the server list.

I logged in via another computer to test this.

I am pretty sure I have port-forwaded correctly, is there any way of diagnosing specifically what the issue is?

Thanks guys :)

GReaper

Grumpy
Check the server list from the master server. If you can't see it, open the console.

If you see something in the console log with your IP, but it tries to ping 3 times and gives up - that means it's registering, but connectivity to it isn't setup correctly.

If the port listed with that IP address isn't 2800x (whatever you set it up in your config file) and is some random high number port - you need to check if you've got your port forwarding setup correctly, and that it isn't just randomising the port for you.

If your IP isn't mentioned in the list at all, or the console log - check to see if heartbeats are enabled.

Royalty

The Aussie
Check the server list from the master server. If you can't see it, open the console.
If I start my server, leave it, then press "find game" it does show up in the server list. But I can't see it on a different computer. Also, how do you open the console? :p

GReaper

Grumpy
Your outgoing port is being randomised, check your port forwards, check that Legions is listening on that port, etc.

Royalty

The Aussie
Posting screenshot because I don't know anything :)

Screen Shot 2013-07-30 at 8.14.49 PM.png

Is that port 61257 (line below receiving server list) being "randomised"?

Royalty

The Aussie
This is a screenshot of my port forward, it look correctly set up. I've also disabled my firewall, so the only other thing I can think of is an issue through VMWare fusion. (Running Windows on Mac).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-30 at 9.30.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-30 at 9.30.11 PM.png
    309.9 KB · Views: 8

Royalty

The Aussie

Defender

Was just looking at the vps server location, Perth‎, is long distance from Sydney, and the rest of the most populated areas.
Hard to be-leave there’s just a two lane road stretching over 1500 miles connecting Perth, to the rest of Australia. This was how it was in the USA before 1956. Your country needs to build some interstate highways. Driving that road with large trucks pulling three trailers, must be a lot of fun..

Royalty

The Aussie
Was just looking at the vps server location, Perth‎, is long distance from Sydney, and the rest of the most populated areas.
Hard to be-leave there’s just a two lane road stretching over 1500 miles connecting Perth, to the rest of Australia. This was how it was in the USA before 1950. Your country needs to build some interstate free-ways. Driving that road with large trucks pulling three trailers, must be a lot of fun..
That is also another thing I was going to mention, but I didn't want to be rude, because I don't expect you (or anyone else) to have good knowledge of Australia's geography. Same deal applies for me with America :p

Anyway, yeah, a server would probabaly have to be in either Sydney or Melbourne.

Defender

I have decent geography knowledge, thanks to google-earth, I love that program.
If you can play on the us servers, wont one in Perth, be better?
I wonder if Perth, is connected to Sydney or Melbourne, by way of Optical fiber.

Defender

I'll PM the forum admins about this on Tribes.anz, maybe they will consider it.

I'm sure that if we did get the numbers, people would be happy to chip in, but we need numbers first :p

Thanks anyway :)

I tried to register two different times in the Tribes.anz, forum, never got a confirmation email, guess they blocked us Americans.

Defender

That is also another thing I was going to mention, but I didn't want to be rude, because I don't expect you (or anyone else) to have good knowledge of Australia's geography. Same deal applies for me with America :p

Anyway, yeah, a server would probabaly have to be in either Sydney or Melbourne.

After researching, The main cable to Singapore, from Australia, comes from Perth, so it looks like a good location to reach Asia, Europe.
There’s a second cable coming out near the northern tip of Australia, heading out across the sea near Port Moresby. http://connected-continent.appspot.com/media/ConnectedContinent.pdf

They are going to link Australia to the US, in 2013, with fibre-optic, your connection speeds will be super fast soon, if all goes well...
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/aus...tralia-to-the-us/story-fn4iyzsr-1225898127889

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Make sure you have a Static IP and not a dynamic IP. That will cause tons of problems.

Use this program, it's like 2 or 3 clicks and you can change between the two.

Royalty

The Aussie