Ping

Abandoned

I'd like to see Shaska play with our ping. I'd watch him and say:

"HOW MANY MA'S U GETTING NOW BITCH?"

You idiot, it's actually not very hard to get MA's in 250 ping. I get MA's all the time, it's just a matter of prediction and positioning, which you might lack, or others who give up trying. Heres advice, stop playing legions for 3 weeks then come back, then talk.

As for Lafirin, you shouldn't be pouting and/or pulling a sad 'cause you moved and gained an extra 10ms. To gain back that little ping difference you're willing to upgrade your internet connection to a ridiculous level. Even if you notice a difference it won't affect your gameplay significantly, little mistakes due to your new ping you'll just have to shrug off. There are more 250+ ping players in the legions community than your 10ms difference.

Personally, I've switched to a different ISP in June. My previous ping was around 200ms, now it is 250ms. (East Coast servers)
I notice a difference, but I've never experienced a moment when that little 50ms increase has affected my gameplay dramatically. I say this because I've never played full or even relied on my sniping or chaining skills to play legions.
Just give it time.

I'm expecting the highpingers (like Royalty, just won't shut up about his ping) to say something...

Disci

Old man

I remember when someone from asia(st3lth?) invited Petrified to play an asian PUG. Petri end up getting the most kills out of everyone and scored the highest or were at the top3. He had 300+ ping.

A2

Ai you can get MA's quite well at 250+ ping as well, just need good practice and a lot of playing time. Once you get used to it, you'll be surprised with yourself!

but in response to OP, just think, you gained barely 10ms which doesn't make a significant difference once you get used to it; is it worth spending money to upgrade to a (WAY) higher/faster internet connection? Just for that?

imo:
10101071.jpg

Karnage

Private Tester
I remember when someone from asia(st3lth?) invited Petrified to play an asian PUG. Petri end up getting the most kills out of everyone and scored the highest or were at the top3. He had 300+ ping.
I do this regularly in Euro servers.

St3lth

Backend Contributor
I'm pretty sure he didn't, cus I was at the top and I probably had the most kills.

Shaska can MA in 180 ping, he would probably get more MA's than you in 0 ping.

Disci

Old man
I'm pretty sure he didn't, cus I was at the top and I probably had the most kills.

Like I said top3 and I remember he said he had the top kills, but this doesn't even matter because it happend years ago.

Point was that good players are good even with high ping. There is a reason why they are good and ping doesn't take away from their performance because the game is so much more about other things than just aim. Also aim is very easy to adjust if you suddenly have higher ping than you usually have. ~10 ping difference doesn't need any adjustment even with CG. There simply isn't much difference between 45 and 55 pings.

Those who think there is a difference, I suggest you try to start and stop a stopwatch under 10ms and see how fast you need to be to do so.

St3lth

Backend Contributor
Like I said top3 and I remember he said he had the top kills, but this doesn't even matter because it happend years ago.

Point was that good players are good even with high ping. There is a reason why they are good and ping doesn't take away from their performance because the game is so much more about other things than just aim. Also aim is very easy to adjust if you suddenly have higher ping than you usually have. ~10 ping difference doesn't need any adjustment even with CG. There simply isn't much difference between 45 and 55 pings.

Those who think there is a difference, I suggest you try to start and stop a stopwatch under 10ms and see how fast you need to be to do so.
Oh I see your point. Yea ping is not really a issue if you get used too it. What really helps is that you play in under 50 ping for a while, and suddenly if you play in 200 ping you'd be amazed at how much you've improved. Personally I play in japan with less <10 ping and then when I play in the American servers I dont see a real issue with ping. You can pretty much do everything in high ping what you can do in low ping, but you will be better at what you're doing in low ping.

Propkid

When my sister is torrenting Gossip Girl/ Pretty Little Liars/ Supernatural (never teach your siblings torrent) my ping varies from 70 to 250 within a 3 second lag spike. I still MA/return and win fights.
<-2ms
/epeen :D

Ping is all about getting used to it. If I play in ping 150 for 1h then I become just as good as at ping 60 (except of course sniping). However if I get too used to high ping I cannot play in low pinged servers, I just suck too much.
Also any ping difference above 15 at values lower than 90 makes a difference. How big is it, it depends on the game/playstyle. Personally I'd never stop sniping if I had ping ~15 and I wouldn't be bothered to chain above 90. I also don't take any hitscan FPS games seriously if my/my opponent's ping is above 80. But TBH I doubt anyone in L:O will notice a ping difference of 40

Ohwait, what's the point of this thread anyway?

Immanent

Chaining is a bit odd when switching from 100 to 10-20 ping (I'm not complaining). It takes like 10 minutes for me to adjust and by then the games over :(

57thKB24

I have been playing in a very high ping and I tried not to annoy and frustrate myself in dueling with low pingers. Instead, I find better positions where I can be more effective and be more productive in game.

Lafirin

I appreciate the comments. I understand that high ping can feel just as smooth as low ping if you play long enough. But this is not what I want. Here was the original thread.

I was just wondering if getting a better internet plan would do anything to lower my ping. I'll give you the information:

My average ping right now: 57 (that's a rough guess)
My internet connection right now:

25Mbps† Download speed

250GB included data

The average ping I want: 45
The internet connection I could upgrade to:

100Mbps† Download speed

500GB included data

I don't think getting a better internet plan would make your ping better because ping is mostly about the delay of sending and receiving the information over the internet
the further you are from the server the more ping you get

3lionz

Legions Developer
1500838456-1.png

25Mbps† Download speed
25Mbps† Download speed?
25Mbps† Download speed?
fuuuuuuu.png

The internet connection I could upgrade to:
100Mbps† Download speed
fuuuuu.png