PC "shuts off" when playing legions

Society

When I play legions for about an hour or so it would start to lag then my pc would completely shut off. I never encountered this problem when LO first release. The problem first occurred one day after the release of clan tags.

Im currently runing on - ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

Here are some of my specs via dxdiag

System information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett - Packard
System Model: Capirona
BIOS: BIOS Version AMD RS78OMN+SB700 V6.03
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Page file: 2328MB used, 5346MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

--------------------

I'm sort of thinking power supply but why would it happen now and not the first day i started playing legions ?

Are there any tests i should run to get the exact error thats occurring? Or maybe someone that have experienced this and can give me a solution.

Thank You !

Propkid

My bet goes on overheating, look for a PC testing program and check your CPU and GPU temperatures when playing (best log them and play until your PC shuts off). Also, it's about time to invest in a new CPU isn't it? :)

Post your full computer specs (graphics card and motherboard too) and we might be able to help out a bit more.

MJ1284

If it's overheat issue you can keep it under control by lowering graphical settings (GPU, and I think CPU's as well, generates less heat) and opening computer case with screwdriver and blow off the dust.
I recently dusted my PC first time in 3-4 months and my idle C went down by 3 degrees :p

Old broken PSU (power supply) could certainly cause shut downs but if it really is breaking down/insufficient you'd most likely have other symptoms as well, for example PC not booting properly each time, not shutting down properly when issued Shut Down command from Start -menu or not detecting some components on boot-up (on first boot your comp doesn't recognize your sound card, on second boot it doesn't recognize your secondary hard-drive etc.)

I use to have this problem all the time, especially when I was about to kill someone to save a game.... I put a dent on the side of my computer and broke a desk from this problem. I got a new video card and the problem just up and left. It started when I put an older video card on a new motherboard. If you can, go buy a $20 video card (that is what I use, I get 170+ fps, Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT at Fry's for $20 with mail in rebate) and see if it works.

I also recommend getting a vacuum with a blow feature, opening up your cpu on both sides of the case, and blowing dust out. Make sure you are outside and always put your hand on top of the case, it helps to make your body ground out some of the energy cause by the air current flowing over your motherboard. Idk if that is a myth, truth, or just my teacher trying to get a good laugh, but I don't want to be stupid enough not to listen, it is not like it takes energy to rest my hand on top of the case.