Passwords..

Always forgetting them. Spent 25 minutes trying to remember the one for this forum for an example.

Post here for your hatred of passwords and password accessories

Always forgetting them. Spent 25 minutes trying to remember the one for this forum for an example.

Post here for your hatred of passwords and password accessories

I make all my passwords similar in some way, but not completely the same.
It's a plus and a minus;
I remember the password sort of (+)
People can more easily figure out my other accounts if they know one ( - )

anak

VIP
the-more-you-know.jpg

Abandoned

Passwords are a great system implemented on the internet. They should not be hated. If you are having memory issues to trying to remember your passwords:

Try to have a unique password that uses:

Letters
Numbers
Symbols
8+ character.

I recommend using personal information that will not change, for e.g:

Birthdate (Date, Month or Year)
Initials (Or surname, firstname)
Ethnicity/Country/Birthplace Abbreviations.

Once you made one that you will use, the most important bit is to not forget it. Basically:
write it down

Severance

Private Tester
I personally use Keepass+KeeFox plugin for firefox, and dropbox to sync the encrypted database across my machines and phone.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
One thing that does *dance* me off, is the "YOU MUST HAVE A NUMBER IN YOUR PASSWORD", it's my *dancing* password.

Propkid

Different password for each e-mail account (3) and all accounts associates (bazillion). My passwords aren't even words :D

mathgirl

i met someone at a summer camp while in middle school. he had a nickname. i used his nickname + a word to describe to make one. for something else, i made an obscure password derived from the original, adding numbers and symbols. it's really really easy for me to remember my passwords, and i haven't been in contact with any of those camp kids for 6+ years!

Freeman

RAYTANG
the password i used for my school login was remember01, and since i had to change it every month, i would just change the last two numbers.

dat

3lionz

Legions Developer
A VERY easy way for a virus to get access to your passwords is through remembered passwords.

Why don't you try to make a method for making different passwords for different sites that only you could really figure out. Here's a little example.

First, you memorize a poem (or at the very least, know the title of a famous one so you can look it up).

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Then, look at the first letter of the site you're registering for. 'L' for Legions. Find the first time this letter comes up in the poem at the start of a word (if it doesn't come up, find the first time it comes up in any word, and if that doesn't work, use the next letter of the site; it would be an 'e' in this case). long in line 3. Now, take the first 6 letters of the subsequent words. isaldo. Put them together, and this is your password (use all lowercase or all caps or whatever combination you want.

l3isaldo

If you ever forget your password, you just figure it out. Once you get good at figuring it out, it won't take much time at all to decode your password. You'll also have different passwords for most things you do. You can also change the algorithm for your password so it will be more diverse anyway you please.