OvD

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing pub after pub, I feel so miserable when I even get near offense. Truth is, everyone wants to chase in pubs, there is only 1 person that dares to go on offense in pubs. And the other part is, the devs have made chasing beyond easy, it's come to the point where you can keep up with any caper, that is going at any speed, by just using boost nades.

Therefore defense is simply too stacked, in pugs, it's sorta normal, but in pubs, EVERYONE wants to chase, even the good players that are normally wanting to cap and hof in pugs. And now defense is going to be even more stacked with the new turrets coming out. And please don't say, "offense can use these turrets too :D". If you honestly think any LO is going to use turrets, your an idiot. Turrets are meant for defensive tactics, ex: look at any moba, look at tribes, and now legions.

And the last statement I'm going to make is that offense needs a buff, regen core was excellent, but it still didn't encourage people to play O in pubs, it actually made the D stacking situation worse because you could now do 4 boost jumps, instead of the normal 3 on outrider. So after much thinking I've come to the idea that you shouldn't be able to boost yourself, especially since how tremendous the amount is.

It simply makes chasing a child's game, I remember the days when chasing was considered an important position and there were only few who were able to play it without much difficulty, get rid of the *chocolate cookies*, I'm tired of such a fast paced game being so defensive based, I don't even understand the point of LO anymore. Now all chasers have to do is, F, CLICK, repeat, shoot.
-(If you are going to comment on this thread to disprove my statement, please have a logical one of yours)-

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Regen and warp are broken.

Along with the amount of hand grenades (5 is waay too many) and should be scaled by class.

3lionz

Legions Developer
Regen wasn't too bad on O, with the exception of those who used it to chase, but warp is fairly balanced.
Regen was bad whenever you used it. It could be hugely abused and is beyond irritating.
Not to mention flag carriers suddenly having the ability to regenerate limbs after placing the flag down.
I personally hate the regen core with a passion. (Then again, I do that for pretty much everything)

I personally don't mind the warp core, however.

Personally, I do realize that that there is a huge bias towards defense and chase.
I as a habit always go LO and only cap if I have to or I want to prove to people how many times you can drop the flag in a game.

It is difficult as LO to attack a base when the defense is overwhelmingly large. In those situations, I call upon my amazing ninja skills and only pop up when needed to chuck a few grenades into the mix, which seems to work remarkably when the defense is over saturated with snipers (Which I am seeing a surprising increase in recently.). Hopefully the defense will be distracted enough to spam 50 rockets in your direction long enough for the capper to get away.

The main issue at the moment is the fact that your team is incompetent enough that they all want to do the same thing. Having an incompetent team means you are going to lose. There isn't much you can do about that. Offence doesn't need a buff. Players either needs some motivation to actually GO offence, or you need a decent team.

Right, boost nades and chase...
With warp cores, boost nades can sometimes become a necessity and when you have only one chaser, it can be reasonably balanced, especially if you get a shot on them beforehand/while capping. It can give the impression of being overpowered when there are a lot of chasers, but on it's own, its fine. If you are getting caught way too easily by a chaser, your LO needs to do his job properly or a faster route is needed :p

As for turrets, how can you say whether they are for defense or offence? They aren't even out yet!
mini_sentry_gun_large.png

Tl;Dr;
I disagree with some of your points.
Read it. Damn you.

(Most of these are OPINIONS, I do not mind if you disagree, and you certainly are not an idiot for not agreeing with me. Unless I don't like you. Then you are.)
(Also, I need sleep QQ)

Regen was bad whenever you used it. It could be hugely abused and is beyond irritating.
Not to mention flag carriers suddenly having the ability to regenerate limbs after placing the flag down.
I personally hate the regen core with a passion. (Then again, I do that for pretty much everything)

I personally don't mind the warp core, however.

Personally, I do realize that that there is a huge bias towards defense and chase.
I as a habit always go LO and only cap if I have to or I want to prove to people how many times you can drop the flag in a game.

It is difficult as LO to attack a base when the defense is overwhelmingly large. In those situations, I call upon my amazing ninja skills and only pop up when needed to chuck a few grenades into the mix, which seems to work remarkably when the defense is over saturated with snipers (Which I am seeing a surprising increase in recently.). Hopefully the defense will be distracted enough to spam 50 rockets in your direction long enough for the capper to get away.

The main issue at the moment is the fact that your team is incompetent enough that they all want to do the same thing. Having an incompetent team means you are going to lose. There isn't much you can do about that. Offence doesn't need a buff. Players either needs some motivation to actually GO offence, or you need a decent team.

Right, boost nades and chase...
With warp cores, boost nades can sometimes become a necessity and when you have only one chaser, it can be reasonably balanced, especially if you get a shot on them beforehand/while capping. It can give the impression of being overpowered when there are a lot of chasers, but on it's own, its fine. If you are getting caught way too easily by a chaser, your LO needs to do his job properly or a faster route is needed :p

As for turrets, how can you say whether they are for defense or offence? They aren't even out yet!
mini_sentry_gun_large.png

Tl;Dr;
I disagree with some of your points.
Read it. Damn you.

(Most of these are OPINIONS, I do not mind if you disagree, and you certainly are not an idiot for not agreeing with me. Unless I don't like you. Then you are.)
(Also, I need sleep QQ)
In U.S we tend to shoot at the flag after the person drops it to regen.
Also you seem to have played TF2 and you understand the difference between mini and level-able sentries, but the same isn't with tribes.
Also in U.S everyone plays outrider.

If you are getting caught way too easily by a chaser, your LO needs to do his job properly or a faster route is needed
2 people can't win over a 4 man offense.
some of your points are valid, most are just silly.

3lionz

Legions Developer
In U.S we tend to shoot at the flag after the person drops it to regen.
Also you seem to have played TF2 and you understand the difference between mini and level-able sentries, but the same isn't with tribes.
Surprisingly enough, this isn't tribes.
The turrets for all we know could be similar to TF2 levelable sentries (Although I doubt it).
The point being that you cannot judge turrets not being used for offence, when in some games it actually works. Not only that, but you have not even seen what the legions turrets LOOK like, let alone work.

As for shooting until they regen, you seem to be bouncing between two different opinions. On one side you say that defense is hugely stacked and impenetrable, and on the other you claim you can "just spam rockets until the flag carrier drops the flag".

Also in U.S everyone plays outrider.
... so? I don't have a problem with them...
When they use their nades to catch up they are normally on very low health. Just shoot nades behind you or chain them out the sky.

2 people can't win over a 4 man offense.
some of your points are valid, most are just silly.
Before claiming that my points are silly, you must say why. You can't just say "you are wrong" without having a reason ;)

Also, it is perfectly possible for 2 v 4 to be balanced depending on the skill of the players. I do understand your point however.
... however, I don't see how this applies in the slightest. LO's job can extend to killing off chasers. Therefore forcing the chasers to be either mowed down by the LO, or attempting to kill him instead of the capper.

Also, if there are more defence than the offence can deal with, you either need to keep your distance and wait for an opportunity, or to get some more offence.

Surprisingly enough, this isn't tribes.
The turrets for all we know could be similar to TF2 levelable sentries (Although I doubt it).
The point being that you cannot judge turrets not being used for offence, when in some games it actually works. Not only that, but you have not even seen what the legions turrets LOOK like, let alone work.

As for shooting until they regen, you seem to be bouncing between two different opinions. On one side you say that defense is hugely stacked and impenetrable, and on the other you claim you can "just spam rockets until the flag carrier drops the flag".

... so? I don't have a problem with them...
When they use their nades to catch up they are normally on very low health. Just shoot nades behind you or chain them out the sky.

Before claiming that my points are silly, you must say why. You can't just say "you are wrong" without having a reason ;)

Also, it is perfectly possible for 2 v 4 to be balanced depending on the skill of the players. I do understand your point however.
... however, I don't see how this applies in the slightest. LO's job can extend to killing off chasers. Therefore forcing the chasers to be either mowed down by the LO, or attempting to kill him instead of the capper.

Also, if there are more defence than the offence can deal with, you either need to keep your distance and wait for an opportunity, or to get some more offence.
"Spiritual Successor of Tribes", plus the devs have tried all they can to copy some weapons.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
"Spiritual Successor of Tribes", plus the devs have tried all they can to copy some weapons.

Quit ignoring the points he raised and respond back in an intelligent manner that adds to the conversation instead of this simple no-basis statement.
Good day,

3lionz

Legions Developer
Just because a game is similar does not make it identical, or in any way change the mechanics of the game.

Comparing Legions like that is like comparing Global Agenda, Firefall and Tribes. They are all futuristic, they have (somewhat) similar weapons and abilities and have energy management. That does not however mean that G:A will then "copy" firefall. At best some bits may be "infulenced" by other games.

Also. Each of them have turrets.
Global Agenda - Level turrets, can be used for both defence and offence
Firefall - Level turret can be used for defence and point aquisition. Also can be used as offence.
*Tribes: Ass-End* - A reasonably fast firing, low damage and very fast to set up turret that can be used to give an attacking or defending player a very large advantage. It is often used near an enemy base to give the attacking player an advantage over the multiple users that may be attacking him.
This can also be used defensibly, to dissuade attackers.

Although you can predict what "type" of thing someone may do in development, you can't start building tactics and arguments over speculation.

Just because a game is similar does not make it identical, or in any way change the mechanics of the game.

Comparing Legions like that is like comparing Global Agenda, Firefall and Tribes. They are all futuristic, they have (somewhat) similar weapons and abilities and have energy management. That does not however mean that G:A will then "copy" firefall. At best some bits may be "infulenced" by other games.

Also. Each of them have turrets.
Global Agenda - Level turrets, can be used for both defence and offence
Firefall - Level turret can be used for defence and point aquisition. Also can be used as offence.
*Tribes: Ass-End* - A reasonably fast firing, low damage and very fast to set up turret that can be used to give an attacking or defending player a very large advantage. It is often used near an enemy base to give the attacking player an advantage over the multiple users that may be attacking him.
This can also be used defensibly, to dissuade attackers.

Although you can predict what "type" of thing someone may do in development, you can't start building tactics and arguments over speculation.
No, it's just the smarter tactic to build turrets on a defensive manner. Your argument is invalid. And also, the turrets you stated on all three of those games are "class restricted".
There is always more players on defense, which allow faster killing of turrets. Next time please read the whole post.
Quit ignoring the points he raised and respond back in an intelligent manner that adds to the conversation instead of this simple no-basis statement.
Good day,
And sir you need to just *dancing* calm down.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
And sir you need to just *dancing* calm down.

I am clam thank you, I am just saying that you need to argue and explain your points better. At the moment the way you are expressing yourself, it is hard for other people to follow and understand what you are really trying to say and get across. Compare the size of your posts to his replies, who gets across the most comprehensive argument? Calling something someone said wrong without consequently explaining why is wrong is not good either. TL;DR VERSION: Add more detail to your replies.

Yes people will stack d in pubs and chase - but that is what pubs are. Without tutorials teaching people the mechanics of the game, more people are going to be left at home because they do not know how to be effective. The issues you raised have been in legions since day 1 in pubs, and the problem is non-existent in competitive play (usually). Get off the point of turrets because as Lionz already pointed out, we don't know the specifications of the legions turrets nor how they could be used most effective (whether helping d stack or possibly being used by offensive) so the point is irrelevant. We do not know how far turrets are off either, due to Triad's recent post.

Overall, seeing as the current state of legions is unknown, arguing over a useless point like this is stupid.

S

shaskie

we need a class where a person can get in Prometheus outfit and hof.
gg

It's w.e just another trash thread, keep listening to the little pups that whine and QQ over simple things over a vet that actually understands the game, look where that got us today :D
Lock please.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Regen had issues. It was impossible to off a cautious LO. Warp isn't broken, you just need to THINK. There are some very clever routes that use warp, and the disable by iOD is really a good balance.

Turrets are, indeed a defensive asset, but it gives LO some more point to existence than merely shooting at defense and flag carriers. Turrets will force people to taget them and take them out, or lose horrifically. Its really a way to encourage offense, because standoffs where one side has turrets and the other side doesn't... the outcome is nearly inevitable, unless one of the teams is made up of legendary players, and they're playing against a team of two-week old novices. LO may not get a buff from the turrets, but they will become more vital.

Status
Not open for further replies.