Option to show actual hp of players instead of percentage

scoot

1) Right now we have to remember the percent damage that each weapon does to each armor type to judge how many shots it takes to kill, which is (# weapons)*(3 armors) = too many numbers for my poor memory to handle.
For example, a direct rocket does ~74% to outriders, ~54% to raiders, and I don't even remember for sentinels.
It would be much easier just to remember the absolute hp damage that each weapon does.

2) Also, percentage hp can be misjudged sometimes due to rounding. I can't be the only one who has shot an enemy and turned away thinking he was dead, only to find that he still had 1% remaining.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
You can look up the exact damage values of each and every weapon in the game files. OR health should be 75, Raider 100, Sentinel 200.

scoot

But it's not really of any use in game, since we end up seeing the percent hp remaining on players.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Gotcha, have read in a hurry. Misinterpreted this part:
[...] It would be much easier just to remember the absolute hp damage that each weapon does. [...]
I'll try to remember to look into it when I come home tonight. ;)

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Looked into it and it won't be doable without messing around with the engine (so, no simple script change for example). Might be possible though, I'll see if I can convince the right people to bother. ;)

scoot

Hmm, could a possible hackish method be to multiply the percentage by the total health (although it wouldn't be completely accurate for sent). I've actually been meaning to learn how to script for a while now, so if this seems feasible I'd like to give it a shot.