Omniscient and Legions/Ascend

OmniNept

Actionaut
We've finished taking the Battlefield 3 TDM ladders. *Tribes: Ass-End* is next, and I expect you'll see the occasional Omni enjoying Legions.

For those Omni currently inactive, please hop onto vent when you've a moment (updated info is on the forums). If you've forgotten your login, please pm me on these forums.

For everyone else, we will be recruiting for *Tribes: Ass-End*. If you're interested, know that our high standards remain. My recruitment philosophy can be found here: http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/team-leadership-for-dummies-by-nept.3125/.

Essentially, we're looking for highly-skilled people whose personalities mesh with ours. If you think you meet these criteria, add us (Nept, Zwei, Filt3r, etc. sans "Omni") to your Ascend friends list. We'll keep tabs.

Thanks,

Nept

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
North American right? Good luck with Ascend, really can't get into any eu comp due to how bad the game really is, but I guess you guys are interested because everyone is suddenly throwing money at teams in competition now (or at least in na)

Edit: That essay of yours is still uncompleted!

OmniNept

Actionaut
We're not interested in the money, actually. Sponsorships are relatively easy to get, and the money being provided in Ascend is tiddlywinks. Money made through gaming in NA is giggles and gumdrops, but barely a drop in the bucket if you've a job.

In fact, we're not even that interested in Ascend. We do, however, enjoy competing together. Many Omni are employed full-time in rather demanding jobs or are in graduate/professional schools; we don't have oodles of free time, but we've an hour here and there for FPS competition. That's the great thing about the genre: once you've got it, you've got it - minimal upkeep required.

Slightly longer reply than necessary, but anyone interested in applying should be aware that we're not entering Ascend for the money. Hawken and Planetside 2 are the games for which we're truly eager. Ascend is more of a stop-gap.

Thanks for the gl wishes, btw.

*Edit* Yeah, I have to finish that at some point. Got caught up with graduate entrance exams and applications.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Ah no worries then! Looking forward to hawken when it comes (haven't been keeping up with it actually), otherwise my focus is at FireFall when it comes (and when they sort out pvp balance).

OmniNept

Actionaut
I've mixed feelings about playing video games for money. While sponsorship and tournaments defray gaming costs, the amounts they provide are paltry. Realistically, their benefit is bragging rights.

Obviously, many of my opinions on this subject originate from my time with Omniscient. Through games we spend time together, compete, and seek challenges. The games are the means through which we interact, but they are not the focus. "Professional" gaming - that is, gaming with an emphasis on material gain - is quite the opposite. I do not like that, and Omniscient will never focus on that. We have been sponsored in the past, yes, but it's never taken center stage; and frankly, it's of no import now that we've jobs. Cash prizes are a nice gimmick, but hold no real sway over our objectives.

We'll keep doing what we're doing.