Omni vs. Hawken's Developers - Match Recording

OmniNept

Actionaut
Hope everyone's well. We've been playing Hawken (league's finally starting) and Titanfall while we wait on Star Citizen.

Figured this video might provide some amusement: http://www.twitch.tv/officialhawken/b/521077435

The developers (who are decent players, to be fair) challenged our team to a match this evening. The Vanashinkaku Killers, named after a certain lead designer, accepted. Didn't have many ex-Legions players in the roster today, asides from myself and Zwei (7r1p). Still, should be a funny watch.

k e v i n

Private Tester
nice... well good luck

edit: watched parts of it afterwards. then came back and read the post again to realize the game already happened..... -_-

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Love HAWKEN, great fun. Wreck pretty hard when you kind of already have that Z-axis sense.

Royalty

The Aussie
Woah, never knew this game existed.

Might give it a go if my comp can run it properly.

EDIT: It appears Hawken is only available on Steam. Does Hawken work on the Mac client of Steam or just PC?

EDIT: It doesn't. Guess I will have to buy Windows. Heard some people are just downloading ISOs these days...

Last edited:

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Woah, never knew this game existed.

Might give it a go if my comp can run it properly.

EDIT: It appears Hawken is only available on Steam. Does Hawken work on the Mac client of Steam or just PC?

EDIT: It doesn't. Guess I will have to buy Windows. Heard some people are just downloading ISOs these days...

I have an extra W7 key, if you're interested. Not sure if it's still but you can try it.

Royalty

The Aussie
Well I downloaded a trial Windows 7 iso, partitioned my hard disk and made a copy of Windows on that partition, thanks to Jord's key.

Hawken runs well enough, as per usually with my shitty Mac, I run the game on low, but it still looks pretty good and runs smoothly.

Any advice on what mechs to get Nept/what to spend credits on?

OmniNept

Actionaut
Well I downloaded a trial Windows 7 iso, partitioned my hard disk and made a copy of Windows on that partition, thanks to Jord's key.

Hawken runs well enough, as per usually with my shitty Mac, I run the game on low, but it still looks pretty good and runs smoothly.

Any advice on what mechs to get Nept/what to spend credits on?

Sorry for the late reply - don't often frequent these forums. The developers have actually done a good job making almost every mech competitively viable. I'd stay away from the Predator and any of the G2 mechs, but otherwise just grab something that suits your playstyle.

All the A classes are decent, although I wouldn't recommend the technician (boring unless you enjoy support). Of the B classes, the Raider and Assault are especially strong; Assault's basically an improved CRT (the default), though, so won't give you the most bang for your buck. If you prefer the heavy C's, Brawler's always a good bet.