Oh wow... Come on US -.-

http://shoryuken.com/2011/06/29/trolling-the-stream-by-ultradavid/

I will forever rage at this.

Basically, this is a bill being discussed in the US that makes it illegal to stream media arts (i.e. Movies and TV shows). But the two listed in the example are not what get to me.

Media Arts is said to include VIDEO GAMES.
This means, if you upload a sick video of I don't know....A nice CSS game with a quad-head shot pistol spray and 12 quick scopes... without a license from the game company/maker, you could be fined and sent to jail.

Dear Lord, quit making the US more *danced* up :mad:

Fixious

Test Lead
The same thing already applies to video games. Read the fine print. They just don't enforce it because they don't give a crap. Plus, this is mainly for streaming content like concerts and fights over justin.tv and other websites. Don't get your panties in a bunch, because it's highly unlikely it'll have any affect on gaming.

BeefThief

Beefy Member
A previous California bill pertaining to video games (basically they wanted to enforce game ratings by fining stores who sell mature games to minors) was shot down in the Supreme Court due to the bill restricting 1st Amendment rights and the fact that governing video games and those who sell them is not the job of the government. So as long as video games (and movies, TV shows, and other media) are protected by the 1st Amendment, then these kinds of bills are very unlikely to pass.

But yeah, who was the genius who proposed this?

57thRomance

Likely a closeted Republican.

It enjoys bipartisan support; it was cosponsored by two Democrats and a Republican. Its goals were identified and proposed by the Obama administration. And if anyone in government is on the fence, it has the weight of very significant traditional entertainment industry lobbying behind it.

Abandoned

This isnt even half bad compared to what the New Zealand Government is doing to us!
Basically, the bottom line is that the NZG is banning internet downloading.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
Really, if people got worked up every time a politician with his/her head in the clouds tried to pass a garbage bill so they could look important the world would come to an end.

Stop crying about a bill that will:

A: Never pass...

or

B: Not be enforced...

But probably A...