OD Nuke

Homingun

I noticed that the OD nuke feature was take out in the latest build of the game. Though this isn't that big of a deal since it was rarely used, I would still like to know why.

I felt it added a bit of mindless fun to the game without breaking it. Nuking with an OD was rarely better than just killing outright. And believe it or not, it was really hard to properly OD nuke someone.

The word "nuke" is a bit misleading since it only did a max of 30 or so damage. And this damage was in quite a small range.

Darklord

Private Tester
I think it is less that it was taken out and more that it was not put back in. You would be amazed at how much of the game code was re-written by necessity. I can't think of any real reason not to put it back in, but there may be some abuse that we were trying to avoid.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
but there may be some abuse that we were trying to avoid.

What abuse? The only abuse I could even potentially see is the insta-overdrive by sentinels, but perhaps the nuke would increase in damage the faster you were going.

Mabeline

God-Tier
I think it is less that it was taken out and more that it was not put back in. You would be amazed at how much of the game code was re-written by necessity. I can't think of any real reason not to put it back in, but there may be some abuse that we were trying to avoid.
Indeed. All the script was redone, so I must have just missed it. You will notice that the game has gotten continuous updates since the preview weekend went up, and a pretty fantastic number of bugs and missing features have been fixed.

Homingun

Indeed. All the script was redone, so I must have just missed it. You will notice that the game has gotten continuous updates since the preview weekend went up, and a pretty fantastic number of bugs and missing features have been fixed.

Yea, I have noticed this and you guys have done an awesome job.

Should be fixed the next time the servers are updated.

Thanks Mabes