Observer Commands?

57thEnryu

So, I know there must be server commands that you type in the console to do such things as follow the flag or follow a player. What are they? It would really help if I could get these today, im working on something ;)

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
To my knowledge, observer hasn't been hooked up but it is coming soon. We have people working on it. I don't know if the functions already exist and just need hooking into via a GUI or not, but it is coming.

I'm assuming this is for LICL?

57thEnryu

To my knowledge, observer hasn't been hooked up but it is coming soon. We have people working on it. I don't know if the functions already exist and just need hooking into via a GUI or not, but it is coming.

I'm assuming this is for LICL?
well, LICL and a mod I'm working on. I'm working on making key-bindings for going into observer mode, following the flag, and then switching back to free fly. So far Ive got the key-bind for going into observer mode working great, but the rest, I don't know the code...

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
If there isn't a way to do it already, you could automate it to switch between people until it gets to the one you want.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Clicking alternates through everyone as far as I know
As well as there is a free roam mode

57thEnryu

Yah, I know it cycles through, but isn't there a command that will allow you to snap straight to a certain player? something like ObserverCommand(follow, [player/flag name here])? Also, once you go into following a player there's no way that I found to go back into free fly...

Delpicy

Someone really needs to be kind enough to make a generic list of methods that are available for use, as I don't seem to know half of the available methods that are hidden somewhere.

Belberith

Legions Developer
The one you're looking for, Enryu, is:
commandToServer('ObserveClient', <clientID_1>, <clientID_2);
clientID_1 is the client who wants to do the observing, and clientID_2 is the client to be observed.

By the way, as Volt said, this is currently being worked on.

Someone really needs to be kind enough to make a generic list of methods that are available for use, as I don't seem to know half of the available methods that are hidden somewhere.
Well, there are several TorqueScript Reference downloads scattered throughout the internet. I have one and it has proved extremely useful for coding.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Now that Belberith's responded, I recommend making something that piggybacks off the IFF's detection functions to determine where the player is looking. From there, I'd expect you'd be able to use %target.client to get the client ID of the target and you should be able to get your own from some function inside the game. Then, if a keybinding is pressed, you simply observe them.

Delpicy

Well, there are several TorqueScript Reference downloads scattered throughout the internet. I have one and it has proved extremely useful for coding.
That would be very much appreciated. http://docs.garagegames.com/tge/off...tion/Reference/Introduction/TorqueScript.html only helps to learn the syntax and simplistics of the language, of which you can grasp in 30 seconds if you have programmed in java or c before. And just to make sure I'm clear, I mean methods that are more specific, ex. methods like getSpeed, setSpeed, getPosition(), etc. (no idea if these are actual methods or not, but I feel like there must be methods somewhere that do these things). Methods like setCoreIsActivated(boolean), you know, all the methods that are useful, but you would have no idea they existed if they weren't found somewhere in the existing scripts

Belberith

Legions Developer
commandToServer('ObserveClient', <clientID_1>, <clientID_2);
clientID_1 is the client who wants to do the observing, and clientID_2 is the client to be observed.

Sorry! Accidentally misinformed you: The command is:
commandToServer('ObserveClient', clientID);
Where clientID is the client to observe.
You don't need to include your own client ID because this is already automatically sent by the commandToServer() function.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Enryu, if you supply the code you have thus far, I could make it track whatever player you want by looking at them and pressing it as my rangefinder script is already very similar.

Fixious

Test Lead
Possible to snap to flag carrier(s)? The T:A spec tools are honestly pretty awesome. So if you could bring any features from that over to Legions it'd be pretty cool.

Snap to player by look at them.
Scroll wheel adjusts camera speed.
Holding F+clicking snaps to flag carrier. Doing the same with R would snap to the fastest player.
Z turns off the HUD completely(likely already a script for that)

The player info box would be sorta cool as well. It wasn't really needed in the past, but with the inclusion of Cores it could be handy know which one each player has equipped.