Not sleeping, any advice?

I

IzRaPiDz

I haven't slept in like 4 days now, i'v had 2 days off school because of it and i'm not to sure if my dad will believe me. Any advice on what i could do, i just can't fall asleep. I do suffer from anxiety and depression problems so i'm not to sure if thats a problem. I know i should be posting on a different forum for this but this will be quite fun to look at. Stubbsy.

anak

VIP
  • don't eat within ten hours from when you want to wake up
  • no sugar or caffeine within three hours of going to bed
  • no electronics within 20 minutes of going to bed
  • dont flop around
  • melatonin makes you sleep for ~8 hours, but there's a ~1 hour aftermath that leaves you feeling like death until you get used to it.
  • dont take advice from freeman

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Antihistamines/Benadryl worked for me when I was younger (then my mom accidentally gave me double the recommended dose and I slept for about 18 hours but woke up with an immunity to it lol).

Arch

Legions Developer
I do suffer from anxiety and depression
Anxiety can do a plethora of problems to one's body and well being. Are you on medication for either/both of these?
Symptoms of anxiety (according to WebMD)
  • Feelings of panic, fear, and uneasiness
  • Uncontrollable, obsessive thoughts
  • Repeated thoughts or flashbacks of traumatic experiences
  • Nightmares
  • Ritualistic behaviors, such as repeated hand washing
  • Problems sleeping
  • Cold or sweaty hands and/or feet
  • Shortness of breath
  • Palpitations
  • An inability to be still and calm
  • Dry mouth
  • Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
  • Nausea
  • Muscle tension
  • Dizziness
I would see a doctor.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
I would see a doctor.

yeah, if the anxiety is bad enough to screw up your sleeping and make you unable to get into school, see a doctor asap.

try and distract yourself about the problem that you can't sleep, read a book/comic or something (not on the computer though).
do your best to relax yourself.

another thing that may help you is this -
RescueRemedy10.jpg

it's not really a medicine, (actually a hocus pocus mix of flowers and things ;) ) but i used it when when i was taking tablets for anxiety, and can say that this probably helped as much, if not more than the tablets.

try not to take (medicinal) drugs unless you really have to, but i'd say this is a case where you should :)

I

IzRaPiDz

Yar, at the minute I'm not taking any medication except from kalms to calm me down. My anxiety is that bad, they don't work. Years back, i was perfectly fine, healthy and other stuff but then some problems started to kick in. I don't think you want to know my life story but feel free to ask and ill happily tell you. I actually do need to see a doctor, and i think that will be soon.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
Yar, at the minute I'm not taking any medication except from kalms to calm me down. My anxiety is that bad, they don't work. Years back, i was perfectly fine, healthy and other stuff but then some problems started to kick in. I don't think you want to know my life story but feel free to ask and ill happily tell you. I actually do need to see a doctor, and i think that will be soon.

get your parent to book an appointment as soon as possible.