New Server Rotation Revised

k e v i n

Private Tester
here we go again... lets be honest, the problem with map rotation can only be solved by a vote system, currently its impossible. Face it and play Nivo-Frost or make a server (oh yea, nobody uses the test update that much...)
that would be nice if we could play different maps every once in a while.......but i like the idea of a vote system, that would solve everything:confused:

Karnage

Private Tester
that would be nice if we could play different maps every once in a while.......but i like the idea of a vote system, that would solve everything:confused:
Hmmm, don't be too sure of that. I suspect that it will end up being something like the PUGs where everyone votes for the same maps every time. That is what I worry about.

k e v i n

Private Tester
Hmmm, don't be too sure of that. I suspect that it will end up being something like the PUGs where everyone votes for the same maps every time. That is what I worry about.
yea ur probably right carnage... but me and my brothers were talking about a voting system, and we thought maybe it should be like in call of duty or halo games where after the game has finished, it'll go to a screen where it shows 2 or 3 different random maps where everyone can vote on which map is next, and the next round after that map, the previous map will not show up.

and just so i stay on topic, i like some of jay's changes

S

shaskie

Well, if the community votes for a certain map or maps, let them be played.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
yea ur probably right carnage... but me and my brothers were talking about a voting system, and we thought maybe it should be like in call of duty or halo games where after the game has finished, it'll go to a screen where it shows 2 or 3 different random maps where everyone can vote on which map is next, and the next round after that map, the previous map will not show up.

Yar, agree with k e v i n here, this would likely be the best way to have other maps played instead of having the same olds be voted in everytime. Plus, who knows, perhaps with the new content coming in, these old maps will become a lot more fun.

Jaymyster

Thanks bro, was scared you were skewing the direction of my thread.

Exactly what i said in post #6 of this same thread. (take a look if you haven't, dunno if any of you saw me quote myself) Anyway, very true.

Need more than just one person pushing their views. Get some other people who agree to support what you're saying.

So Greap, I would at least say I have of a substantial amount of support for the changes I have made. I ask that you please make the changes I have presented, and if you disagree with a couple of them, perfectly fine, at least have the decency to provide your reasoning for such in this thread. :)

These changes can be made while you guys work on the voting system considering it's something guys have said will come in the (to be announced) future. (kev's idea ain't too bad)