New Demo system help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox

I'm really appreciative of the new demo system implemented, but im having some troubles using it. The only way I've been able to get demos was by turning on the enable record option and that just keeps on recording until the game ends or I leave the game. I've tried using the demo menu in game but i can't even get that to work.
Would somebody be able to explain how to use the demo recording without having to record the whole game?

Poponfu

Lead Developer
You have to record the whole game, well from when you connect to when you leave..actually if you really want to stop it earlier you can probably use 'DemoRecording::stopRecording( )'

Use set speed like a fast forward to get back to parts you want record.

I would get in the habit of renaming after every game or two any you want to keep.

Triad

Legions Developer
Edit: Poponfu beat me to it.

You have to leave the game if you want to start recording another demo. The demo menu is only supposed to be used when you are replaying an already recorded demo, not while you are recording a demo.

Also note that if you don't leave the server, the next game the server goes to will be recorded in the same demo. So, I sometimes leave the server if I've been playing a lot of games non stop just so the demo isn't ridiculously long.

Status
Not open for further replies.