New Computer!

xlr8434

I'm getting some new parts for my computer and idk what to get I already bought a 200 dollar graphics card now all I need is a new mother board and CPU that good for legions so if anyone can help me please that would be amazing!

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Pro tip: This should be in Off-Topic.

On-Topic: I have no *dancing* clue, but I just wanted to remind you that this is the wrong section. :S

Crisis12096

I don't really know any specifics but Legions isn't a demanding game. Most things will let you run it with no lag, so the only thing I can say is

Don't spend too much.

moronval

Private Tester
I only have experience with AMD cpu's lately, and unfortunately the AMD cpu's are in a weird position right now. The newest generation of AMD cpu's are actually inferior/not that big of an improvement upon the last generation of AMD cpu's. Once their price goes down, it might be worth it then. So jump on the intel bandwagon and get either an i5 or i7. Don't go overboard and just remember that something more powerful will replace what you buy at an equal price in a year or two.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Little concerned that your current mobo doesn't have a PCI-ex slot for your new GPU! Are your other components (RAM, PCI cards, HDDs, etc) going to be compatible with a new motherboard and CPU or were you going to get those separate as well?

xlr8434

I have everything and I have a lot of spare parts if the one don't fit the motherboard that I'm going to buy all I need is one that has a slot for the graphics card

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Alright, you might want to find out as different motherboards only accept certain types of RAM. Also, was $150 the top price you wanted to pay for the motherboard and CPU?

Actually, it'd probably be a good idea to give us a list of all of your current components (and spare parts). Make sure to include the power supply wattage (or even just a model number if that's easier).

D

Doom Of Neroflame

should always start with the motherboard....then the graphics. also cheapish mobos will work just as good as really expensive ones just depends on the brand/make of the mobo and the components you add to it obv read up on them though

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121445 i got this graphics card but the mother board i have now doesn't have the slot for it:/ so i need a new one and a new cpu

since i spent 200 on that ill go up to like 150 on a new mother board and cpu

150 on both the motherboard AND CPU?
-.-
my personal opinion would be to go for £250 and spend £100 on a good motherboard (z77 if you can manage it), and £150 on an i5.

also, you could have gotten better a graphics for £200, but oh well, the 560TI is a good card, and the ASUS DCII is a good cooler.