Name login

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Hey, Mahidhar, it seems that you're very passionate about the game. Only problem is that you have this habit of making things bold for emphasis. Stop it, we can get the points you are making without you having to do that and presume we're idiots.

trollololololol

If we are going to have a proper authorized accessibility, do it right this time or just forget about it. I have to ask; who's the wonderful person who thought about letting players change their in-game names in the first place? In my opinion, an account must be home to only one in-game name. That name must never be changed on that account, ever. If the player wants a new name for whatever purpose, they should use a new email account, create a new ID and play.
Thus I was created.

If their account gets banned, the guy loses the name associated with that account and should be forced to use a different account. I have never known any reason why we should allow a player to constantly change their names.
And people making likes of me is better?

This is a serious issue right now. Some retard comes in, calls everybody everything absurd that he can imagine, logs out uses his normal name and comes back in. And don't try to enlighten me about how the developers can find his IP and what not. These idiots are from our community who just want to satisfy their evil side while not getting into trouble. They know how to play their cards.
That's just horrible! And what was the plan that you had to make this go away? That these people to make more accounts? Check.

Also, don't give me the crap like "this community is too small to have things like that". This is more or less a basic need on the internet, and if you really want to encourage new players to the game, this is one of the first things you need to do.
...What is? Still not quite sure here.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
I dunno, I thought it was a decent compromise (48 hours to wait to change an ingame nick) instead of having people create entirely new accounts if they wanted to change their ingame name (which certain users did so anyway). The idea was to minimize blatant smurfing (which it did) but also allowing the client to change their name. Perhaps they weren't happy with their initial choice of 'XxHornyHoundxX' and wanted to change that ingame name while not being subjected to creating an entirely new account. I dunno, seems like a decent idea to me and not at all designed by an 'Idiot'.
One possibility is to have profile pages for the accounts that logs certain activity to public view. Last online, when was the account created, name changes, blah blah blah.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
One possibility is to have profile pages for the accounts that logs certain activity to public view. Last online, when was the account created, name changes, blah blah blah.

Yar, that's a good idea. I believe T2 had something similar in its 'community profile' or something section. Showed a history of clans joined as well.

Bestking

http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff365/Curetean_Robert/Racist/

Go!Go!Go! Get him! It's the same guy who was being racist everytime who joined a server.
Also he was threatening people that he would ban them. He was also impersonating a admin.
@Frez, Wasn't he the guy who impersonated *Fireblasto*?
@MightyDeath, I was playing with him yesterday, he was smurfing as "olympic bomber" and App came on, and "olympic bomber" was being all kind and trying to persuade app not to ban him.

Frez

@MightyDeath, I was playing with him yesterday, he was smurfing as "olympic bomber" and App came on, and "olympic bomber" was being all kind and trying to persuade app not to ban him.
No the guy who smurfed as Wildire was good. olympic bomber is not.

MightyDeath

No, it was a guy who was being a moron on public servers for a month now. The irony is that he said he likes Romania and romanian people, yet he still called me and another romanian player in the duel server a **African American**.
To be honest, I took the action to report him when he started threatening people with bans and all that stuff.

GReaper

Grumpy
If it's a problem on shazbot.eu servers and you want a permanent solution, just go onto IRC and report the name of the problem user in #legions (don't PM me, please). Make sure you report it on the same day, otherwise the logs might not be around.

That way I can block the entire IP range permanently.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
If it's a problem on shazbot.eu servers and you want a permanent solution, just go onto IRC and report the name of the problem user in #legions (don't PM me, please). Make sure you report it on the same day, otherwise the logs might not be around.

That way I can block the entire IP range permanently.
GReaper will bring the rage of 1000 suns upon the griefers.

RiPTaCk

Just to brag a little bit but I told everyone from the start that smurfing would be a problem. Back then you were like "Ahh no its k, it worked in Tribes so why not here" and now I see 90% of the people saying "I want authentication back blablabla".