My Clan Tag Senses are Tingling!

DarkDanny

Well. I have the feeling that clan tags are in the very near future for us. The devs already have them. So clan tags work, but they probably coding it so we can make our own clan tags through the forums :p but I do sense their arrival very soon
biggrin.png

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Sort of, but not really.

Right now, those devs with admin abilities on servers (read: not all of us, by a long shot) are able to hackishly use clan tags thanks to their admin powers. They started doing it because smurfs were becoming an issue -- folks were smurfing as devs, and we can't be having that. But none of the security measures that would need to go into clan tags -- things like clan registration, a leader's ability to change clan tags for everyone in his or her clan, the ability to toggle between teams you're on, some sort of user interface for it all -- all those things are still in the works. If we were to open it up right now, everyone would just be able to append or prepend whatever the hell they wanted to onto their names!

BUT! We're working on it. =)

I demand rabid servers!

No idea why, I just demand them for the sake of it.
Nothing like a good frothing at the mouth on a server.

To be honest, as cool as they are, the appeal of them has kind of been lost to me. After all, you generally know who's in each clan anyway.

DarkDanny

Sort of, but not really.

Smurfs were becoming an issue -- folks were smurfing as devs, and we can't be having that.

Yeah theres always gotta be a Shaco in the group somewhere
rolleyes.png
and I didn't think of that. Glad your an admin and not me, lol I would have to fire myself from being an admin for not thinking of the obvious.

BUT! We're working on it. =)

Good... I've already found someone trying to smurf my account. lol. Too bad I don't have any numbers
biggrin.png

I demand rabid servers!

Hell No! :mad: - Everyone would quit because of Jodediah...

I demand you get yer head out of yer arse!

Agreed.

A2

Interesting. So the clan tags - what are the character restrictions? And also, will symbols other than letters and numbers be allowed?

Alex

clan tag...bleh....what about the skins?...when will we be able to chose our own..insted of getting a random one?