Mother bear kills her cub, then kills herself

RainPilot

stinky bear
According to the Chinese media, a mother bear killed her cub before eventually killing herself, apparently in an attempt to save her baby from a life of pain and suffering on a bile farm in China.

Reports claim the mother bear heard her cub’s cries while workers attempted to puncture the stomach of the creature to harvest bile, which is believed to have healing properties.

The enraged mother bear broke free from her cage causing the workers to scatter in fear. She then made her way to her frightened cub and proceeded to make a futile attempt to free the scared animal.

After efforts to free her offspring failed, she hugged her cub before strangling it to death. Witnesses allege the mother bear dropped her dead cub before killing herself by running into a wall head first.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Asia/Story/A1Story20110805-292947.html

businessman_holding_gun_to_head_mon098143.jpg

source

Strife

That's some seriously terrible *chocolate cookies* that they're doing to the bears. +1 to that mother though, I can't imagine living conditions much worse than that.

RainPilot

stinky bear
That's some seriously terrible *chocolate cookies* that they're doing to the bears. +1 to that mother though, I can't imagine living conditions much worse than that.
You should see the cages that they are put in. I don't want to post it since it's pretty disturbing. Basically they put the bears arms and legs through a hole in the cage and enclose it with barely enough room to breathe, if a bear grows, they have to suffer being crushed slowly. Most bears go insane with all the infections, constant pain, starvation, dehydration etc to a point where they are literally zombies who try nothing but killing them selves. They put the iron vests on since the bears often try to claw / punch the wound in a futile attempt to get rid of the pain / suicide.

I don't really care about how brutal cows, pigs, and other animals are treated because they are food and we need them to survive, but when it comes to a bear that basically get's tortured it's whole life, that's crazy, at least the livestock get killed after a year or so but these bears live for years in agony and madness.

Hopefully that bear is in bear heaven now

I don't really care about how brutal cows, pigs, and other animals are treated because they are food and we need them to survive, but when it comes to a bear that basically get's tortured it's whole life, that's crazy,

That's quite a disturbing, even disgusting thought. Besides, since when do we 'need' meat in order to survive? Do you really think you need to eat meat every day in order to live a wealthy live? I'm not a vegetarian, but to think it is normal that cows and pigs are tortured just because they are food (not even to think about the effect it has on global warming), is just abominable.

at least the livestock get killed after a year or so but these bears live for years in agony and madness.

It doesn't matter how long you are tortured, but how you are tortured. And I can tell you, cows don't have a better live than those bears.

Allahrules2

That's quite a disturbing, even disgusting thought. Besides, since when do we 'need' meat in order to survive? Do you really think you need to eat meat every day in order to live a wealthy live? I'm not a vegetarian, but to think it is normal that cows and pigs are tortured just because they are food (not even to think about the effect it has on global warming), is just abominable.

It doesn't matter how long you are tortured, but how you are tortured. And I can tell you, cows don't have a better live than those bears.
True dat my friend. The way cows and other livestock animals are treated is horrible. I am no vegetarian (god forbid) But even livestock shouldn't be treated that way. But in the end its all to satisfy the 300+ pound portion of the U.S.A.'s population.( I think that was a wrong usage of a comma)

RainPilot

stinky bear
True dat my friend. The way cows and other livestock animals are treated is horrible. I am no vegetarian (god forbid) But even livestock shouldn't be treated that way. But in the end its all to satisfy the 300+ pound portion of the U.S.A.'s population.( I think that was a wrong usage of a comma)
Do you mean apostrophe? Tis correct.

Immanent

You should see the cages that they are put in. I don't want to post it since it's pretty disturbing. Basically they put the bears arms and legs through a hole in the cage and enclose it with barely enough room to breathe, if a bear grows, they have to suffer being crushed slowly. Most bears go insane with all the infections, constant pain, starvation, dehydration etc to a point where they are literally zombies who try nothing but killing them selves. They put the iron vests on since the bears often try to claw / punch the wound in a futile attempt to get rid of the pain / suicide.

I don't really care about how brutal cows, pigs, and other animals are treated because they are food and we need them to survive, but when it comes to a bear that basically get's tortured it's whole life, that's crazy, at least the livestock get killed after a year or so but these bears live for years in agony and madness.

Hopefully that bear is in bear heaven now

This is part really irritates me (not you but that point you made)
So it's okay for some people to think that mass breeding and mass slaughtering of cows, pigs, fish etc... is okay? But some people worship these animals because they are sacred, take some places in India for instance. I understand that the rise of "killings" of cats, dogs, bears and whatnots may seem inhumane to us, but isn't that just being hypocritical? Why at this rate, practicing Indians would have done mass protests against those countries on which those Fastfood chains thrive in.
I agree with ripper on this one.

Just some food for thought.