Mortar/Sent power weapon

hey dudes i know ive on this suggestions rant alot vgz

i have always played HoF and i loved playing hoF in legions with OD and crazy fast cappers (damn u twisted demon)

however the cluster gren thing was terrible and was worse than using rockets

pls pls give the heavy DEFENCE a power weapon that rivals the t1 mortar and takes alot of prediction skill

i say only defence as with no deployables or base assets HO could be pretty lethal with it and could be spam central

not sure how to do this

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
The FAQ lists base assets among other things as intended additions...

Though, I'd be personally fine with a mortar of some sort. A long range parabolic weapon would definitely take skill to operate...

But if you thought Osniping was bad...

But what if a defense HoF goes on the offense?

it would be hard to enforce but just make the HoF really fuking slow besides the OD block....so yeah they can get over there but they are the equivalent of t1 heavy with shield or rep so they arent really that skiable

to be honest i would take the HO and allow for skilled mortar shots from HD...hell i could stand it in t1!

Disci

Old man
In t1/t2 you could see an incoming mortar from miles away. That would teach you to improve your awarness!

w00tyou

HoF is Heavy on flag.
I would really love to see a motar like weapon on a Sent. because the cluster Bull is bad. I'd rather have a powerful Gren. than a cluster *dance*.

I too would like to see a mortarish weapon, however I do think (even though it would be manageable without, same as O-snipers are manageable) that it should be part of a special sentinel class that is even slower or some other limitation.

HoF = fat dude with stick up butt

and yeah i agree with nighthawk u gotta limit the speed on the badboy so he stays home like a good little HoF

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Or the mortar becomes a base asset...

Actually, what if it wasn't a hard turret, but rather some sort of tethered gun so you could still move and dodge fire somewhat, but would still be fairly restricted to the platform its on...

But that brings up an idea for the CG.. What if you had so called, "Belt Feeds" placed around the base that limited your mobility if you hooked up to them, but they would supply you with CG ammo for as long as you were tethered, perhaps making the CG round incendiary or something... Idk... A similar thing could apply for the LR and its energy...

Through these things, you'd still be somewhat limited like a turret, but you are still free to move, the most critical aspect of Legions.

I know the stuff about the LR and CG was somewhat off topic, but its the extension of the idea presented...

Actually, what if it wasn't a hard turret, but rather some sort of tethered gun so you could still move and dodge fire somewhat, but would still be fairly restricted to the platform its on...

love it..would make me feel like megatron

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I guess a good example would be yanking the turrets off in Halo, only you'd still be bound by either a power chord/ammo belt/other that would give it the ability to fire.

Also, if some sort of base generator was implemented, this would qualify as a base asset, so those that choose to be tethered would lose their advantage if it was destroyed... More depth=good.

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
New weapons are planned and being tested :D
Edit: I don't want to go into detail just yet because if something turns out to be broken and we decide to only introduce a select few weapons I don't want people feeling lied to.

Royalty

The Aussie
New weapons are planned and being tested :D
Edit: I don't want to go into detail just yet because if something turns out to be broken and we decide to only introduce a select few weapons I don't want people feeling lied to.

Can you guys think about the outrider having more weapons in each class and maybe makin the sniper laser thing better?

Calimo

It would be cool to have the fear of a mortar in legions! I don't think people know true fear until they look down to see a green hazy glob at their feet!

...and have nowhere to run in time...

i think hof cluster could server as the mortar with a bit of tweaking, I like this idea because it includes remote detonation as another skill needed.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Idk about a mortar, but they would need some sort of heavy weapon... Then again, if there were mobile bases or something, then it might do some good to have some tethered mortars attached to the vehicle itself...