Modification Suggestion Thread

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Well... It can be done as well. Not very optimal and most implementations would be sluggish at best. However being reasonable with the idea, as in sending the players into another dimension in the same map, very possibru.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Well, yeah, you could do something like that. I was just pointing out that the way they were describing would be insane.

I would suggest creating a small map which is simply some kind of flat rocky plain, possibly with a few objects around. This way it only needs to load one very small map in addition to the current map. I kind of imagine the warp to be like (although perhaps without the fancy graphics) in assassin's creed when someone of significance is killed. a smokey or rocky flat plain, and a blank sky. Everyone in the area is dragged in, and they will remain there until A: the person who did the dimensionwarp dies, or B: the cores timer runs out, at which point, all remaining alive players are teleported back to approximately the same position. To make it a bit more interesting, I'd say that if one of the players who was dragged in dies before the warper, then they'll just respawn in the middle of the new map. Also someone else carrying a dimension core could probably be made to be capable of reversing the effect.
I see this as a good LO tool (at least in a competitive environment) the only trouble is it also would allow for griefing, as someone could pull most of their own team into one intentionally.
I'd also suggest the player who did the warp be marked by some kind of glow or something, so that everyone knows who to shoot.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Perhaps a small perfectly flat map in which there is no light source except the glow from jet trails and a glow emitted by the user.

I don't know how you'd take care of OOB though.. Actually, just enclose the whole thing in a box and stick it below the map itself. No one can escape. Such a core would take a ton of work because you'd have to update all map files plus a ton of coding in the server code and engine, but would actually be possible.

Sean455

Um.I gave the Legions Heavy a go,but after I install those files.My launcher updates the files to the default ones.I can't cancel the update or I won't be able to start because it sayes "out of dat".Any solutions to this problem?

Sean455

I've done that,doesn't work.

Retrying..Maybe I made a mistake.

EDITED : Works fine,I forgot to put read only on one of the folders.Nice work..Hope to see more updates.

3lionz

Legions Developer
Un-deadpooled dimension core for now... with warning... lets see if anyone manages to make one without having a lag-fest.

Libra

Berserk Core: not sure what this does
suggested the berserk/kamikaze core it's a mad rush which would be a powerful overdrive not speed wise but more of a force when you fly into someone or surrounding players it causes considerable damage and sends them flying basically a power tackle

Libra

Some sort of maneuverability core or item idk if people notice but while over driving you can execute sharp turns and quickly maneuver around obstacles and other players would be nice to have something that allows you to move like that at high speeds without having to overdrive

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Un-deadpooled dimension core for now... with warning... lets see if anyone manages to make one without having a lag-fest.
Probably the easiest way would be to manually go through and add a blank room below each map with spawn points for a third team. When someone is hit by the core, the game saves their current team and then switches them to a third one and locks it down so it can't be changed. The room would be black and have a light emitter on the core of the user. Killing them causes people to respawn back in the normal field.
suggested the berserk/kamikaze core it's a mad rush which would be a powerful overdrive not speed wise but more of a force when you fly into someone or surrounding players it causes considerable damage and sends them flying basically a power tackle
I think OD is predominantly part of the engine.
Some sort of maneuverability core or item idk if people notice but while over driving you can execute sharp turns and quickly maneuver around obstacles and other players would be nice to have something that allows you to move like that at high speeds without having to overdrive
A dodge core would be easy for cardinal directions, but idk how to get the direction the user is facing so that they can be relative to that.

Belberith

Legions Developer
A dodge core would be easy for cardinal directions, but idk how to get the direction the user is facing so that they can be relative to that.

%player.getMuzzleVector(0);

The parameter is the weapon slot to take the muzzle vector of, so 0 is the main weapon slot.