Modification Help

RisingSun

Private Tester
Now when it comes to modifications I'm not the brightest cookie around. 2 questions
HOW do you remove these(out side rets of the chaingun) with paint? I tried clearing and downsizing the image but when i did it , it left me with this tiny little annoying dot next to my ret. >.< (if you cant see the dot,, i can and it gets annoying ingame)Legions 2011-06-09 22-21-25-14.JPG Legions 2011-06-09 22-13-42-35.JPGAll i want is to remove these with paint. How would you replace the file so that part of the ret wouldnt be there. (deleting it works till you have to re updated which is pointless)

LastlyLegions 2011-06-09 22-11-45-03.JPG
This glow. Any way to remove it so that there is not any glow just the black? i tried deleting it just like the cg ret, does the same thing. I have seen screen shots of people not having it i just dont know how to do it.
Be merciful with your post, this is a last resort.

what you want to do to remove those bars is edit the file, and make that particular part transparent. Deleting doesn't work, as the patcher will detect a missing file. I do have to ask, why get rid of the overheat bar? it's useful is it not?

Secondly, to remove the glow from the side, you want the "rlGlowSidePanel.dds". Now, deleting the file Won't work as the game will simply replace it, but what you can do is open the file and change it to a completely black image. If memory serves that'll remove the glow. (to put it another way, I doubt it'll make it glow black).

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] HOW do you remove these(out side rets of the chaingun) with paint? I tried clearing and downsizing the image but when i did it , it left me with this tiny little annoying dot next to my ret. >.< (if you cant see the dot,, i can and it gets annoying ingame) [...] All i want is to remove these with paint. How would you replace the file so that part of the ret wouldnt be there. (deleting it works till you have to re updated which is pointless)
Okay, I've got a couple of questions: Are you really working with MS Paint?
Why do you want to downsize anything?
Did you make any changes to your overheat bars so far, at all?

[...] I have seen screen shots of people not having it i just dont know how to do it. [...]
Well, find that screenshot. If you know who made it, you know whom to ask. ;)

RisingSun

Private Tester
what you want to do to remove those bars is edit the file, and make that particular part transparent. Deleting doesn't work, as the patcher will detect a missing file. I do have to ask, why get rid of the overheat bar? it's useful is it not?

Secondly, to remove the glow from the side, you want the "rlGlowSidePanel.dds". Now, deleting the file Won't work as the game will simply replace it, but what you can do is open the file and change it to a completely black image. If memory serves that'll remove the glow. (to put it another way, I doubt it'll make it glow black).

I find the overheat bar useful but i dont really need it. How would you go upon making it transparent in paint?
I was also asking if i can do this with paint.. It wont let me open the side panel file with paint.

Okay, I've got a couple of questions: Are you really working with MS Paint?
Why do you want to downsize anything?
Did you make any changes to your overheat bars so far, at all?

Well, find that screenshot. If you know who made it, you know whom to ask. ;)

I downsized the over heat bars by clearing the image then downsizing it smallest as it can go (in paint). then it left a dot.
Changes to bars? no i just don't want them there is all

Will do

Like Nighthawk said, you edit the over heat bar/rocket vent glow, and delete the layer, and save it as read only. It should appear blank.
I deleted it in paint and it shows a white box. i have done this before the problem is making it transparent. Idk if there is anything or how to do that in paint.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Okay, first: Don't use MS Paint, it can't really deal with transparency, and that's where most of your problems come from - get GIMP2.6 for example. Secondly: There's no need to resize anything. If you want something to disappear, make it transparent in the file, but keep its height and width. If you just resize it, it's still there, in form of your "tiny little annoying dot".

RisingSun

Private Tester
Okay, first: Don't use MS Paint, it can't really deal with transparency, and that's where most of your problems come from - get GIMP2.6 for example. Secondly: There's no need to resize anything. If you want something to disappear, make it transparent in the file, but keep its height and width. If you just resize it, it's still there, in form of your "tiny little annoying dot".
Gimp wont work on my computer for some reason. Says
Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open file C; Program files/ balahh blagghh blahh. this file may not exist. (i just downloaded it D : )

RisingSun

Private Tester
Thats what i was sayin. But this looks better prly just clicked the wrong link and.... It works. Ty for your link. Get back to you to see how its going I did it. Thank you

If that doesn't work, you can just ask really nicely. I'd usually be happy to do it, but it's exam time, so I can't spend that much time dealing with gaming stuff.

RisingSun

Private Tester
Ok the only thing i need help with is removing the side panel glow. I love you very much will you help me maybe, when you get the time, sometime, to help me pretty please with sprinkles on top?

just did this as a quick 2sec job. Tell me if it didn't work, as i just did it at 3am pre-going to sleep.

just replace the old one with the file in the zip, and change this one to a read-only file.

Attachments

• rlGlowSidePanel.zip
    208 bytes · Views: 3