Melee?... Or would that not work in this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaticHigh

Hey guys. I stumbled across this game randomly and it looks pretty nice. I've only fiddled around with it for maybe an hour, and from what I see, there's a somewhat steep learning curve to it. However, that never bothers me much.

Anyway, I was wondering: Is this game completely ranged based, or is melee something that might be added in the future? Would it even be viable in a fast paced game like this? Or would it be unbalancing or just plain out unfavorable to you veteran players?

I only ask this because I do love epic melee duels.

I don't see melee ever coming to this game. And I don't think the thing SunKissedMan posted has anything in it about melee.

S

shaskie

Just imagine your in a pub, and you have a melee weapon. Now, lets say you get into a fight and the other person is good at chaining, and mid airs. You won't nearly get close enough to that player because you will get MA'd in the face, simply put, this is not gaylo halo.

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
Movement is too fast for melee to work well enough to be anywhere near useful. If things were much slower they would begin to be approachable, but alas they just don't fit into this game.

DKnight556

The only way that melee would be used would be during body blocking and even then it would have to be timed just right. Thats the only time you get that close to someone. (doubt that this will happen though)

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Movement is too fast for melee to work well enough to be anywhere near useful. If things were much slower they would begin to be approachable, but alas they just don't fit into this game.

Question answered by a Dev so thread will be locked shortly. In the future Lunatic, make use of the search feature it is extremely helpful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.