Meeting for Asian and ANZLA communities

Immanent

Uh what do you mean by servers, liek those big thingies that you pay for to run some internet games?
Sigh there gotta be thousands out there in HK :l

As I posted in the suggestions thread, if the OD crew is serious about the possibility of a server for Asia/Australia thru donations then they need to make an announcement that everyone concerned will see, that donations of 'x' are needed to make a server at 'y' happen.

At least then nobody can wine about their ping, and if they do the reply can always be 'how much did u donate' or 'how many of your friends did you get to donate'.

SURELY there are enough ppl in Asia/Australia to make this happen?

I am currently looking into changing my ISP so I can host but as usual there are some issues to be considered, like the cost of breaking the contract my housemate foolishly agreed to and IF I am able to tap into the fibre optic cable to achieve the ping/upload Ive experienced 50 meters from my house.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Like Bugs said here and I reiterated here, the money is half of the problem; the host is the other half. If y'all are more successful finding a workable host for the Aussie/Asian communities than we were, woohoo! Yes, having consistent donations coming in to host such a server is wonderful, but there also needs to be a server with good routing to it that the majority of you can connect to and play decently on. If you guys pony up $200+ a month to play on a crappy server that's as bad as the SG server was, well, frick, that's a pretty awful waste of money.

57thEnryu

Hope my asian bros can get some server up, 200+ ping sux (at least from US to Carnage's priv server in FE:L sucked)

ocarina_boy

I just found this thread, anything come of it?

About 13-15 people showed up and we talked about server possibilities and how to pay for it. We gathered up a list of servers that we could use. If it goes ahead, it looks like we'll be getting a Hong Kong server, as this is the most general location that suits everybody, ping-wise. As far as I'm concerned, there's really no point trying to get an Aus server as there is simply not enough of a player base to make getting one worthwhile.

Immanent

Oca, it would be extremely convenient for me if you guys setting up a server in the vicinity of where you live X]. Just like ya know, pop in and out of HK and Aus. >:D

57thKB24

It will never happen. The Australian Legions community is dead.
The only simple reason is Asia and Aus do not have servers atm BUT if ever we can reach that goal having a server then we might be getting attention again for the old legionnaires. Do not think it is hopeless. I am hoping that at least our devs could help us not just wait for the moment we guys have suggestions.