Map rotation on IL PT

trinium

Private Tester
The map rotation on the IL PT server seems to be , more times than not, seems to be running unpopular maps, last few days it seemed like every 1-2 map changes went to gorge , and people tend to not want to play those maps and the server clears out :< Would be nice to see the solid maps more often in the rotation :D

phanakapan

Private Tester
I just notice that every night the rotation seems to seriously favor one map. it will switch to eligiac, then frost, then elgiac again, then gorge, then elegiac, etc etc. It would be nice if there was some way of preventing a map to come up more often than every 3 or 4 maps. would make for more variety and prevent repetitive rotations

MJ1284

Considering Legions has 5-6 maps that are played regularly it's kinda hard to prevent repetetive rotations.

trinium

Private Tester
Considering Legions has 5-6 maps that are played regularly it's kinda hard to prevent repetetive rotations.
A Static Rotation might be favorable to random selection.

DKnight556

rsvryc.jpg

What we need is a map vote. Like in tf2. Press F1, F2, F3, or F4 to vote for the next map

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I think a solid rotation that cycles through all the maps on the server that then gets changed every day could be useful, if that's possible. What I don't like is playing frostbyte every other map, or any other map every other map for that matter. (if that made sense at all.) A map vote means that we will be playing the same few maps back and forth, it would be a huge mess of Zenith and Frost. I have no objections to any of the maps, they just require slightly different tactics to compensate. Its true that Elegiac usually ends with one team absolutely toasting the other, and that might just have to do with one team having the right defensive players for that map that know what to look out for, the map has big wide open approaches, so you need to devise another way to get the flag out, such as a heavier LO presence to hit hard right before a capper comes in. While I realize that coordination like that is difficult, if players realize that the same formula doesn't work for each map, then the players will become more flexible and each map will start becoming more enjoyable.

I have no problems with any of the maps, I just have problems with playing the same map over and over again, and people moaning and groaning about maps that are actually fun.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Played Core a day or 2 ago, was a lot of fun. I would love to see variety take hold. Core/Mirage/Blade/and Forgotten are all under played. Yes I know most of the talkative community hates those maps, but I dont. I'll play any map and find the fun. That's why I play them. I can find the fun on any map.