MA speed

Aki

I managed a deplorably rare MA today; I was especially proud of this one because I was chasing on Gorge and scored the shot at ~115 m/s. After, I thought how cool it would be if the MA notification showed your speed along with the range. Maybe like

Rocket MA #0: 45 m @ 82 m/s (135 m/s)

The parenthetical would be your relative velocity with the target.

Obviously not a big deal, just thought it would be neat; at the least, we could then have a "Fastest MA since coming back to legions" thread.

Propkid

Better: relative speed... I once scored an MA on Zenith while speeding ~150 to alpha base to grab and passing by another capper who was also speeding ~150 but in the opposite direction. Relative target speed =300

Daphinicus

Private Tester
I love it when Aki posts. Agree with his thoughts or not, he's always so darned clear in communicating his thoughts. /hug, bud!

On topic: I fear that extra parenthetical notations like that could confuse newer players -- I can just hear the questions now. But as a defaulted-off option with a clear explanation in the options menu, it could have some fun merit!

Maaaaaaaabel? DeaaaaaaadGuy? Thoughts, fine sirs?

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Yeah, I once got one that was pretty dang lucky... Around 180m out from a capper as I was going towards their flag at around 160m/s. Relative velocity would have prolly been around 170 or so.

And while Rockey's script does work, that involves reviewing it. I'd say it would be a nice addition to have the game post it so that you can see it right there during the game.

Aki

Lol, thanks, Daph
redface.png
. Glad to post something everyone seems to like for a change.

Mabeline

God-Tier
"Relational velocity" is poorly defined here. I've thought about extra data in the context of bonus points mostly. There are a lot of interesting values in an MA, primarily transversal velocity, angular velocity, distance, and speed of target. At some point in the future I may calculate all of these and throw them at the client in the messages as hidden parameters so you can overload the stock functionality and display them if you want, but by default it'd be incredibly cluttered.

Ness

Lets make every possible stat showed... Distance between ppl passing the flag, speed while doing ma...