LR2 - invisible shoot

Braiken

This usually happens when I shoot the LR right after it has recharged. The sound plays, the weapon animation plays, but there is no beam and no damage. I can only confirm it on the LR2 not sure about LR

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Yes, it happens on the LR too. I think it happens because of the weapon load time, I.e. before the weapon has actually recharged.

Propkid

Same for LR1. Again, one of the bugs i wanted to post as a video... (there's more but not LR specific)

Happens really often to me. Most likely because I got to feel the shooting pace of LR so well I try shooting right after the gun has recharged, causing the desync of the animation and the actual shot. Right after the desynced animation starts playing, you can take a shot that will not be animated (but the beam will appear). If you keep on shooting then the desync keeps on occuring. If you wait for a while after the desynced shot then the gun goes back to normal.
Hint to mabel/whoever will fix this: feels like if the animation cooldown time isn't the same as the shot cooldown/recharge time.

A2

Not the first time I'm seeing this. Experienced it even in FE:L. There was a thread about this same bug, and the first reply (not sure who it was) was "Welcome to the Internet". :)

Propkid

Try chase sniping, bringing a capper down to 1%, and firing a ghost beam. Yeah. It sucks *grapes*.
Try D-sniping to kill the enemy capper, aiming at them just when they are above their base and about to cap, shooting and hearing the -out of ammo- *boing sound...

MJ1284

It's not a bug, it's a feature :)

Of course the weapon will desync if you try to fire it in middle of recharge (energy weapon projectile should dissipate if it's not fully recharged).

Braiken

It's not a bug, it's a feature :)

Of course the weapon will desync if you try to fire it in middle of recharge (energy weapon projectile should dissipate if it's not fully recharged).

If this would be a feature then the same could happen with the RL and GL too but I don't think they have this issue. I didn't mean it happens in the middle of recharging. It happens when you shoot it at the last second of te recharge or the first second after recharging I'm not really sure. Still it's something that should be adressed, since it gives a random factor to the LR making it the most unreliable weapon

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
Im going look at the code.. i think the reason theres a pause is because they swapped the weapon from a charging weapon to a single shot weapon and didnt fully correct the data when they did it.

skypredator

That may be it, but I strongly feel that the LR just fries when you try to shoot it before it has sufficiently charged.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
when i get the chance im going copy the rocket launcher data and implement the sniper data.. it should be flawless once im done.. it seems to do it mostly when changing weapons.. so my other guess is the gun thinks its reloaded but it really isn't

skypredator

PureWhoopAss HAS to be one of the most contributing non-dev community members! I also think he deserves a round of applause, TPS style. /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ :)

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
blah... i just do what i can.. i guess i pointed a dev guy in the right direction cause he found it.. i was messing with the scripts and telling him at what state and sequence it was doign it at.. problem maybe resolved but will find out soon enough:)